Increasing Boost on 1g-gte ?

Supra power

Feb 16, 2011
Belfast
Hi,

i have a mkIII Supra 1g-gte late 1991 model wide body. Until now I was a silent viewer of the thread because I was alright with the cars performance and the gained alot from the expert knowledge of the members, but these readings have made me realise that maybe the engine has more potential. There have been alot of threads on the 1g-gte and they all had loads of information, except that there were tooo many opinions (not to mention the age old , put a 1j in) and I am not sure what to do.

the car has basic mods like the 3 inch apexi exhaust, with headers, apexi air management, lowered suspension and I am not sure of any other internal mods as It came from Japan. The boost its showing is 1st and 2nd gear -0.6 bar, 3rd and 4th gear it goes to 0.7 bar and at 5th i have noticed it going to 0.75 bar and sometimes coming back to 0.7 bar.

Here`s what I really need expert advice on or people who have had experiences with this engine. I want to increase the power a bit more without going over board on the expenses. I just thought increase the boost to 1 bar with the stock intercooler, but people tell me it can make the engine lean, or fuel cuts come in or i will waste the turbos. Any ideas suggestions on the boost or any other thing I can do ??