Importing a 1993 supra from vancouver

suprawalt

Oct 10, 2007
seattle
www.suprawalt.com
Hi I am trying to import a 1993 supra tt from vancouver,bc and I was wondering if the emissions will be in compliance here in seattle? And whats the process of getting it across the border? P.S and also the car was also imported already from japan.

Thanks,

Walter

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
what happens is the car has to go to customs. They will take the car apart and tell you what you need to make it U.S compatible. New wind shield, door support, front rear bumper, etc..

That is just tip of the ice burg..

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
yep as everyone has said above it's gonna cost you to bring that car to the states. for starters every supra i've seen imported from japan to canada is no where near stock. DP exhaust intake etc. all of which from what i read on here fucks with emmisions testing (which we don't have in Canada or at least not here in Alberta)

and just from one supra lover to the next. CHECK THE CAR before you buy it. it seems like every "TT" from japan is an NA with the gte motor and tranny swaped in already. i'm not sure how big of a deal it is other than maybe the tach and spedo but if i'm gonna pay TT prices i sure as hell want an actuall TT.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
You will find that this importation is prohibitively expensive unless you never want it street legal and are importing it as a track car.

When you add it all up, you will be able to find a cleaner example of the car here for less money, regardless of it's condition.

There's a reason why you don't see very many of these cars get imported.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
there are plenty of supras for sale already here in the states. and you can actualy see the car in person before you buy it :)... and dont have to go through all the crap.

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
I always thought it'd be cool to import a car. but deff not one you could buy here. Along the lines of cars i'd love to import is mainly the toyota chaser and or a 4 door skyline lmao

But thats just me, hell i'd rather see a 4 door skyline then a normal gtr but thats just me lol

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Chrisfrom1986;1500079 said:
Too bad it will get taken away. Motorex never crashed any R32s.

It won't get taken away. The R32 and R34 Motorex cars were grandfathered in, and no new ones were allowed into the country.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
^ this plus eleventy billion . He has the Nhtsb bond release and it has a " US vin substitute" which is the chassis code BNR32******. It required a lawyer, two years and a lot of money, Incedently it was the second to the last to get released and he got to keep the R33 Gtst loaner he had as part of the settlement.