Im I being an ass&^$*? Sean Palmquist

JORAMI17

Jan 21, 2010
FL
Ok so, I just spoke with him and he said he would send it today again, I still have not even raised my voice at him since I'm afraid he would really take his time then. I did push a little harder and even offered to help pay any extra freight to get it here sooner. He declined any extra money saying he normally pays for freight back.

He said he would guarantee me having it in my hands by Tuesday. I'll keep you posted.

JORAMI17

Jan 21, 2010
FL
Update....

I spoke with Sean last night and I gotta say he was very professional, apologized for the delay gave me a few pointers regarding the harness and refused to take any more money from me for the extra freight. That being said, I felt almost bad about posting this online but then I thought.....if anything, it's for the good of his company if he really wants to build the business.

After we spoke I went online to check the tracking # status and it said it had been initiated but not shipped. So I thought, FEDEX sucks they will update their records tomorrow (meaning today), I will just check in the morning and it should be updated.

I also have a thread on Supraforums and Sean chimed in on it and I will say this about it. It is kinda funny that Sean posted on that thread at 7:39pm and the Fedex request was done at 7:54pm eastern times. You guys do the math.

You guys are welcome to chime in on the latest. At this point I am at his mercy but I get a vibe here that my harness has not even been started. If the harness was completed as he keeps telling me it is, there is no reason why it shouldn't be sent. Especially, since he told me it was completed last week.

I know I have definitely learned my lesson and I hope for his company's sake that he learns his. Can't get anywhere by making stuff up. If a deadline cannot be made, then a commitment shouldn't be made and if you commit to it and cannot deliver at least be prepared to come clean and be honest not just make up another delivery date that can't be met either. It will come back to bite you in the butt EVERYTIME.

Sigh.....I will keep you all posted with new developments. Hopefully I am talking crap here and I will still see it Tuesday somehow (fingers crossed).

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Whenever someone ask where to get a harness done let them know your experience with Sean. Don't keep quiet about it.
Did you get a tracking number? Maybe it was shipped and somehow Sean has the incorrect time zone set on Supraforums.com.

ae86ma70

Jul 24, 2008
Atlanta
OneJArpus;1682294 said:
What did you ask for that he quoted you almost 1,000.... i got a quote a month or two ago to redo my entire harness. Thats all new wires, clips, and the good wire wrap and he told me 1K give or take a few bucks....

I am confused by this...
You got a quote for $1k, but seem surprised that the OP also got a quote for $1K? And why did SupraMario only spend $650?

JORAMI17

Jan 21, 2010
FL
Suprapowaz!(2);1682530 said:
Whenever someone ask where to get a harness done let them know your experience with Sean. Don't keep quiet about it.Did you get a tracking number? Maybe it was shipped and somehow Sean has the incorrect time zone set on Supraforums.com.

I posted this thread so that people would know about my experience and to see if anybody else had the same experience with him. To be honest, I did some research about him before I sent the harness and could not find any baad comments or reviews about his work. Apparently I didn't look hard enough.

I don't want to bash the guy, when I talk to him he has been very professional. Like I said before it just feels like every time I call him he is not being completely honest in explaining what's going on. For instance, he said he shipped it but come to find out Fedex tracking says the transaction was initiated but has not been picked up and the fact that he processed that request after he posted on supraforums leads me to believe he had no intentions on really sending the supposedly completed harness until his buddy told him about the thread.

We will find out on Monday for sure, but it doesn't make sense to do something like that when it is so easy to figure out if he actually sent it or not, all it does is making himself look worse.

As far as he time zone being incorrect. It doesn't apply, I saw the times in supraforums based on my signin and correct time zone and the fedex time I got from the Fedex website.

Again, I'm being patient and I will wait and see. Hopefully it will all workout in the end and the quality of the work is good.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Communication is key to doing online business, I've found if there's an issue and I'm up front about it and any delays people are more than understanding, if I were to give my customers the silent treatment they then imagine the worst case scenario and go into attack mode, and one bad review/thread can sink any prospective business that might have been had.

JORAMI17

Jan 21, 2010
FL
JORAMI17;1682323 said:
He said he would guarantee me having it in my hands by Tuesday. I'll keep you posted.

I just checked the tracking# and it was not even sent.:3d_frown:

Smartparts

Dec 14, 2010
CT
I hate when peopl give you the run around. I guess you end up getting what you pay for it seems.

JORAMI17

Jan 21, 2010
FL
I finally received it Tuesday, he ended up overnighting it for me so I'm happy I received it when he finally promised he would send it. Though I'm sure it cost him an arm and a leg to overnight from CA to FL. In other news, it did start on the first try after my dumbass called Sean back and forth and spent countless hours trying to figure out that I had not pushed in the plug all the way onto the ecu. But that's another thread, thanks to all who were interested in the thread and I'm happy overall though I didn't need those 3 weeks of stress.

jake_240jz

Apr 18, 2011
MN, BP
I'm glad this is solved, now I'm in that position. It's been almost 4 months and I haven't get my harness back. Some said they have to wait 7 months to get theirs.

ae86ma70

Jul 24, 2008
Atlanta
I am sorry, but even a couple of months seems like too long. Maybe they should charge a little more and hire some help. I mean, even if you were building one from scratch it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks...

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
ae86ma70;1682543 said:
I am confused by this...
You got a quote for $1k, but seem surprised that the OP also got a quote for $1K? And why did SupraMario only spend $650?

I forgot to answer this, but I'm betting the reason I got mine so cheap(ish) was I did mine in 08, back before there were a ton of people doing the swap.