Idle problems on Aristo swapped Mk3. Alternator/Boost leak/Fuel Related?

jdmk3

2jzmk3
Mar 28, 2006
Walnut, CA
My idle never seems to be steady and its been like that for about a YEAR now. I have an Aristo 2jzgte in an '89 Mk3. Stock Aristo ecu and fuel setup. New mk4 harness was used (not sure what year). Mods include: HKS mhg, custom dp, TTC, rs*r full exhaust system, fmic, Greddy type R bov and airinx intake.

At first it idles normal around 800-900 rpm's until the motor warms up, then at idle while stopped, the car seems to want to die bouncing around steadily from 500-300 rpm for about a minute, then goes back to normal idle around 800-900 rpm and does this cycle over and over again while stopped. The motor never dies though and does not seem to have this problem while Moving even in idle. Just wondering what this could be the symptom of.

Not sure what the problem is and what it might be related to. I have done routine maintenance on all fluids/filters except spark plugs soon. I had the alternator checked out while in the car but they said it was good. Not sure because Ive read that an alternator could test good at 12v but really only runs 4v. My battery is fairly new. Maybe its a boost leak due to the true twin conversion (TTC) mods that was done? Or maybe a fuel issue with my mk4 fuel pump wired to relay, fuse, to battery instead of through the main harness? The fuse holder recently melted with the 20amp fuse and I just replaced it along with the inline relay that goes to the fuel pump..

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Need opinions so I can be sure before I go out and get it tested..

Last edited: