IC questions

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
I was working on a big rig today and noticed it had a 1-2-1 IC pipe configuration coming from the IC going to the intake. They did this for more pressure. Why dont we try this on cars? And how much pressure is too much pressure?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i think he mean's ic pipe that is 3 to dule 2.5 to 3 if you catch my drift size most likly are wroung but yae get the idea

and it all so chould be tiwn turbo truck

but do that whould be waste of time can't see it helping any really

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
The pipes it had went from 1 pipe out of the IC into 2 pipes then back to 1 going into the intake manifold. It's coming back in on Sat. So ill get a picture of it if you still dont understand what it is I'm talking about.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
They did this for more pressure
No. First of all, allowing a second path will decrease resistance to flow, not increase it.

On paper, somebody thinks it will work better obviously. I would reserve a final judegement until seeing the engine bay.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Nick M said:
No. First of all, allowing a second path will decrease resistance to flow, not increase it.

On paper, somebody thinks it will work better obviously. I would reserve a final judegement until seeing the engine bay.

Sorry, yea, thats what one of my coworkers said. But yea, I'll take a few pictures of it tomorrow.