I neeed an electrician!!

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
Ok, heres my problem. When i try to run my washer, dryer, etc all the lights in my house flicker, and read 24-30 volts. Anything that draws a lot of power, does weird stuff to the power. Even hair dryer, toaster oven, etc. Also, my hot water heater is reading about 24 volts at the input, the water is freezing cold, and both heating elements are pegged on reading 24 volts, when it should all be 240 volts. Also when i disconnect the water heater input, or either of the heating coils, about half my power goes out. Like those christmas lights that go out when one bulb breaks. Im not sure whats wrong, But i dont know a lot about AC. I can easily fix the problem, I just dont know where to look. Any help? It really sucks having to goto friends and families houses to shower!

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
hire a licensed electrician. it very well may be an easy problem to fix, but most home fires are caused by faulty wiring.

i would feel at home wiring a house from the very beginning, but trouble shooting other peoples work i would leave to a professional.

just my two cents.

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
Yes but me or my roommate have 0 dollars to spend esp so close to christmas. I would have to pay either him or the rent, so that kinda sucks lol. Im gonna call for some prices i guess tho :(