I need info on a ct26 upgraded with a 62-1

inkblun96

Jul 14, 2008
Old Bridge, NJ
specs, hp, trim, what fuel upgrade i need, if i need a cpu system or even if its true to even do it, im about to get one and make sure what i am getting in to!

thanks, Jo-L

Last edited:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I wouldn't upgrade the turbo until I already have the following:
- all basic maintenance - new hoses, vacuum lines, gaskets, etc
- intake
- complete exhaust from the turbo back
- intercooler, hardpipes, aftermarket BOV
- bigger fuel pump
- adjustable fuel pressure regulator
- ditch the J-tube
- at least 550cc injectors
- real gauges for boost, egt, wideband, oil pressure
- some sort of fuel tuning device - SAFC, MAFT / MAFT Pro, Emanage, etc

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
GrimJack;1152154 said:
I wouldn't upgrade the turbo until I already have the following:
- all basic maintenance - new hoses, vacuum lines, gaskets, etc
- intake
- complete exhaust from the turbo back
- intercooler, hardpipes, aftermarket BOV
- bigger fuel pump
- adjustable fuel pressure regulator
- ditch the J-tube
- at least 550cc injectors
- real gauges for boost, egt, wideband, oil pressure
- some sort of fuel tuning device - SAFC, MAFT / MAFT Pro, Emanage, etc

Im with grim

and 62-1 is a little big for a ct to handle, they have known reliability issues I personally would stay away. The big question is what are your power goals? and what are your current mods?

inkblun96

Jul 14, 2008
Old Bridge, NJ
my true goal is to do road course, drifting (i kno that just sounds nuts with this car but i like to be different) or just pulling someone on the street, im thinking like around 350-400 to the wheels, i kno i can get a t66 adapter to the shock manifold(ill probilly port and polish the manifold) and i think thats what im getting soon a t66. Now i know from reading on here that the internals can hold up to 500 i think max hp, im ganna get crower cams 264, i have the IC, piping and the BOV, i just got my head back from the machine shop and i am ganna do the same to the block and then go with a( im not to sure what will be better a 1.2mm MHG or a 2.0mm MHG) 2.0mm MHG and ARP headstuds and what kind of tune im going with will be a AFC.

I kno this sounds silly but am i heading the rite way?

thank u guys, Jo-L

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
foreverpsycotic;1158788 said:
350-400 can be done with a basic 57 trim CT26 upgrade, no need for that large of a wheel.
QFT.

The size of gasket you need depends on how much material the machine shop takes off the block and head sealing surfaces. Remember to get the front timing cover machined along with the block.

I wouldn't try to tune for 500+ hp on stock internals using the stock ECU, personally.

inkblun96

Jul 14, 2008
Old Bridge, NJ
well if im going with 500+hp ill go with a 1J or a 2J but my goal for now is 350-400 whp, nothing toooo crazy lol. ill keep that in mine when i machine the block if i have to, i still have to see if its in spec with a striaght edge.

can anyone answer if some one did a step up with a T66???

thank u, Jo-L