i have a stupid problem

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I cannot get my hatch to lock to save my life. i've tried everything. I took the whole locking mechanism apart and put it back together and tried to adjust the locking lever but i got nothin..........When i first got it, the trunk would not open so i put some wd-40 on it and i just loosened it up until it opened. I don't have any gaskets on the hatch but i dont think that would be that big a problem. This is probably one of the dumbest problems a supra owner can have but its a problem none the less. Any suggestions ???? Input would be greatly appreciated.:1zhelp:

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
I dont know what the problem could be... mine was like that. It wouldnt open sometimes, but sometimes it would. When i took apart my rear for inspection of other things i thought id try sparying wd40 on the mechanism. I soaked it iirc. haha, but it has open the first time ever since.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
If you try to close it, the hatch bounces? Two things. One, it is already latched, and the locking mechanism wont allow the striker to enter.

The other is the adjustment is too low, and the striker isnt engaging the latch.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Nick M said:
If you try to close it, the hatch bounces? Two things. One, it is already latched, and the locking mechanism wont allow the striker to enter.

The other is the adjustment is too low, and the striker isnt engaging the latch.

thanks, I will try it..