Hurst Line Lock

BuiltMK3

Lurker for Life
Sep 27, 2005
CT
Hey guys, I purchased a Hurst Line Lock Kit and started to look at the directions. It didn't have separate instructions for ABS so I was wondering how some of you guys installed it. Pictures would be appreciated also. Thanks

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Borrowed this from suprarich...

35_1.JPG

This help?

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
It confirms that we should install before the abs, unless we want to install 2 line lock kits. Am I correct with thinking that the line #1 is the feed to front wheels and the line lock just goes in between the source and the junction box it goes to.

p1140970_1.jpg

lilazni3uoy

AEM Powered
Apr 1, 2005
NoRCaL and SoCaL
www.cardomain.com
here's the best picture i have on my car, you will see a blue 90 degree fitting, that goes into the abs unit, that is where you want to tap the linelock into, when you look at the abs block you should see a F on the side where the brakeline goes into, for the front brakes, pull the factory line out, adapt taht line to the hurst linelock, then from linelock back to the abs unit, if you still don't get it, let me know when i get home i will take better pictures to show you i hope this helps and get you started!

p1140981_1.jpg

nosman4

Nov 10, 2007
Bend, Oregon
Umm, that's a good picture of a master cylinder, but I have my linelock hooked into the other line coming out of the master. I have tried it and it works too, so I know I have it hooked to the correct line. I believe the front line goes to the front brakes and the rear to the rear. Correct me if I'm wrong, but mine works fine.

88-7MGTE

lilazni3uoy;1140981 said:
here's the best picture i have on my car, you will see a blue 90 degree fitting, that goes into the abs unit, that is where you want to tap the linelock into, when you look at the abs block you should see a F on the side where the brakeline goes into, for the front brakes, pull the factory line out, adapt taht line to the hurst linelock, then from linelock back to the abs unit, if you still don't get it, let me know when i get home i will take better pictures to show you i hope this helps and get you started!

p1168755_1.jpg

Can you post that better pic of the line lock installed, it would help a lot of us here.
Thanks

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
on my buddies 350z we had to do it after the abs unit, and we had to use two of them on separate relays to one switch

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
nosman4;1141040 said:
Umm, that's a good picture of a master cylinder, but I have my linelock hooked into the other line coming out of the master. I have tried it and it works too, so I know I have it hooked to the correct line. I believe the front line goes to the front brakes and the rear to the rear. Correct me if I'm wrong, but mine works fine.

Depending on year, they where swapped.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yes, one channel for each front wheel and both back wheels are on one (sensor in each front wheel and one on the back of the tranny)

Not sure how you could lock one line out the ABS unit as you need to lock two...

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
Bumping an old thread, because I've got a question. I'm finally going back through my car to resolve this. I hooked it up at it shows above in post 3, but I'm sure this is reversed. It's locking the rear tires. Bummer...

I have the Solenoid hooked up the same as in Post 3. It's locking both fronts and rears.

Here's how I believe it needs to be setup basically the solenoid needs to lock the feed line for the front ABS by putting the 1-way solenoid between the circled line.

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Attachments

• add a linelock.jpg
    add a linelock.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Just trace the hard lines out of the ABS unit.

80's Toyota used a Bosch 3 channel system.

A single hard line out of the ABS feeds the rear, 2 for the front.

Locking it at the master cylinder like most vehicles is just a single line for the front and rear.

The "4 way" is not a 4 way. It is a proportioning valve.

This is the hard line layout on the vehicles with ABS.
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291210/catalog.aspx?F=4708&P=4

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
Ah, you are correct it's the bottom one coming thanks for catching that. So should be like so.

Attachments

• linelock.jpg
    linelock.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 6

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Ok my mistake.

Need to clear up the confusion on this one.

The line marked 47321 is the rear line OUT from the master cylinder -> To Proportioning Valve.
Also known as: Tube, Rear Brake, #1

The line marked 47322 is the rear line OUT from the Proportioning Valve -> To ABS unit.
Also known as: Tube, Rear Brake, #2

The line marked 47323 is the Rear Line OUT from the ABS unit -> To Rear Lines
Also known as: Tube, Rear Brake, #3

It attaches to 47324: Tube, Rear Brake, #4
Which is then split at the rear to 47325 & 26.

You can tap into the system at the master cylinder, proportioning valve or ABS unit.
Multiple options.