How to find & fix leaks???

Kroze

Lifetaker, heartbreaker.
Mar 30, 2005
South Jersey
currently, i have a shitload of leaks on my car.

Right on the oil pan, i think it needs to be reseal.

also my transmission is leaking at the shifter & driveshaft hole.

how do i fix em?? :(

how much do you think it'll cost to have someone say.....

take the engine & tranny out and reseal everything.

Kroze

Lifetaker, heartbreaker.
Mar 30, 2005
South Jersey
god. this is so much of a reason why i need to get a second car for daily driving.

i want to pull the entire car apart and rebuilt it from the ground up & replace every single little hose to silicone & stuff....

i just need a second car to drive while doing it :(

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
I thought my oil pan was leaking too but it turned out to be the front main seal and/or the oil pump shaft seal thing. Those were pretty easy to replace.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
Kroze said:
god. this is so much of a reason why i need to get a second car for daily driving.

i want to pull the entire car apart and rebuilt it from the ground up & replace every single little hose to silicone & stuff....

i just need a second car to drive while doing it :(

and engine can be pulled, oil pan resealed, and engine put back in...in one day...IF you know what youre doing ;) so bribe some local supra owners with food and drinks and you should be set :D

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Fly me out there, and I'll work for free. I haven't met a Supra owner yet who wouldn't jump in and get his hands dirty to help out one of their brothers. BTW I got an MKII that would make an awesome DD. Just gotta pick it up in IN. :biglaugh:

Kroze

Lifetaker, heartbreaker.
Mar 30, 2005
South Jersey
Idealsupra said:
and engine can be pulled, oil pan resealed, and engine put back in...in one day...IF you know what youre doing ;) so bribe some local supra owners with food and drinks and you should be set :D

:biglaugh:

where do you live again?

i only serve heineken hehehee.

Kroze

Lifetaker, heartbreaker.
Mar 30, 2005
South Jersey
mkiiSupraMan18 said:
Fly me out there, and I'll work for free. I haven't met a Supra owner yet who wouldn't jump in and get his hands dirty to help out one of their brothers. BTW I got an MKII that would make an awesome DD. Just gotta pick it up in IN. :biglaugh:

so nice of you :)

i used to live in noblesville IN.

right by indianapolis

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
Kroze said:

where do you live again?

i only serve heineken hehehee.

haha im in tampa fl :D a little far away.. but yeah its true 9 times outta 10 a mk3 owner will help a fellow mk3 owner for nothing but maybe some food and drinks :D

i know myself do a lot of mk3 and general car work pro bono just because...however if its a tough job or something that requires a good amount of work ill usually charge a bit...but thats mainly cause im poor..lol if i had money i would never charge a fellow supra owner ;)

Kroze

Lifetaker, heartbreaker.
Mar 30, 2005
South Jersey
aye mate said:
I thought my oil pan was leaking too but it turned out to be the front main seal and/or the oil pump shaft seal thing. Those were pretty easy to replace.

where is it located and how can i go about checking it?

ma70undercarriage.jpg

ma70undercarriage1.jpg

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
The front of the motor, not underneath. Makes it alot easier to remove the radiator(insanely easy),fan, belts, T-stat, timing covers, and the crank pulley. I might take a little while if your not familiar with it. But its alot easier than removing the engine and re-sealing the pan. Check out the TSRM @ www.supratsrm.com that should have some more precise instructions. GL

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Is it actually leaking enough to go through all the trouble, or is any oil too much oil for ya? Shoot, my '82 is leaking a bit, but I am not going to pull the motor to fix it, too much risk to scratch the purdy engine bay all up. I know a lot of people don't like oil spots in their garage on the floor, but c'mon, it's a friggin garage. Just something you should consider... A little bit of oil will go a long way on the floor. If you're not having to add oil every/every other day or very often at all, I wouldn't even screw with it. But thats me.

My '82 has a small leak, and over time it has gotten pretty messy, but driving 3,000 and I never need to add oil, or get anywhere near the add mark. Just thought I'd share this with you.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Oh, this pic might help. It's all I can really do. But hey, I tried. :icon_smil It could either be the "bottom" or the "top" seal (obviously it's upside down) but there one behind that pulley and I havent gotten it off yet. Those bolts are friggin tiny. I guess I coulda made some arrows or something. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Supras 026.jpg
    Supras 026.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 10

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Oh yeah, this is behind the timing belt cover with everything taken off of the front of the motor. I would get a shot of the rear, but it's on an engine stand, it basically the same as the front one, its just in the back and bigger. If you want/need one of the rear, just ask and I'll get it.