how hard is it to change the fan blade?

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
do you need to remove the rad or just the shroud to do it? i'd rather not pay $100 to get my car towed but my fan blade made contact with the shroud and one of the blades lost a big chunk (1/3 of the blade is missing, but the other 9 blades are fine).

would this cause any damage to drive just 30 miles one way or should i swallow the $100 and tow it? or is it easy to replace the fan?

thanks.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
born2drv said:
do you need to remove the rad or just the shroud to do it? i'd rather not pay $100 to get my car towed but my fan blade made contact with the shroud and one of the blades lost a big chunk (1/3 of the blade is missing, but the other 9 blades are fine).

would this cause any damage to drive just 30 miles one way or should i swallow the $100 and tow it? or is it easy to replace the fan?

thanks.

Really easy to replace...the bottom part of the shroud can be removed, only 2 clips hold it on. Do you need a fan?

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
no, i got a brand new fan and shroud from toyota.... but i ran out of AAA tows until may 30th, dammit! so i either have to replace the fan myself or tow it out of my own pocket.