How do I make my antenna go down?

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
My antenna is stuck in the up position. I never use the radio in my stereo...

I'd thought about just cutting it off...but I'm afraid it will cause a leak or something.

How do I lower it? Anyone have a quick how-to? I don't care if it stays down.

Thanks in advance.

Scott 88-1JZ

Dec 9, 2007
California
Does your power antenna never go down, even with the car off? Have you checked to see if it is plugged in? Does your radio work? Stock or aftermarket?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You could push it down or else the motor or or gears are toast. Does it make noise when you turn the radio off?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Like stated above, check the plug to see if it's even plugged in. Has it always been up since you got the car? If so the previous owner could have turned the radio on, and then unplugged it. It won't retract without power...

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
It was up when i bought it. All the power is hooked upto the stereo... but it's possible it was disconnected at the antenna. If the motor is gone, is there a manual way to lower it?

honeydew

Supra Freebaser
May 10, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
hvyman;1620854 said:
Put 12v to the red and white/black stripe wires.

Then If motor struggles, buzzes but nothing happens, grease it up and push it. (Insert jokes here) They aren't pricey from Toyota. I think I paid $40-ish (maybe less) for mine. It's just a matter of taking off the side of the 3-piece (if you have that wing).