How do I connect my Check Engine Light? 87N/A with 94N/A 2JZGE?

LeTenken

Mar 19, 2012
San Diego
I have an mk3 supra with a 2jz-ge swap (from 94 N/A auto mkiv supra OBD1). I got the swap done over a year ago. Unfortunately the shop that performed the swap for me is too far for me now and making it up there in the supra just isn't an option so I'm trying my hand at fixing this myself.

My supra runs great but I need my check engine light working. I cant smog my car in CA without it and I have no way of pulling codes off the car. I dont even know if it is throwing any codes today.

I know for a fact that the bulbs for the CEL are working properly, I switched between my ABS light (which stays on all the time) and my CEL light before to test this.

I took out the entire gauge cluster before and I believe I followed the path from the CEL light into the gauge cluster plug, into the body harness all the way into the glove box area where I found a wire thats not connected to anything. Am I on the right track?

Any idea where the wire is supposed to plug into? Does it go straight to the ECU or does it go somewhere else?

I tried to lookup as much as I could but I am at a loss.
http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/41678224/2JZ-GE JZA80 Supra Engine Wiring[1]
According to the Pinout in my ECU, pin6 of the 40pin connector is already connected to something. I cant quite trace it anywhere without ripping out my harness. Where is it normally connected to?

TL DR; Where do I plug in the Check Engine Light from mk3 supra body into a 2jz-ge harness?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The gray wire on the m1 plug on the body harness needs to go to the w pin on the Ecu. Then ground te1 and your codes will flash and the check engine light will work properly

LeTenken

Mar 19, 2012
San Diego
hvyman;2048990 said:
The gray wire on the m1 plug on the body harness needs to go to the w pin on the Ecu. Then ground te1 and your codes will flash and the check engine light will work properly

Thank you so much, I'll try that this weekend!