how do i connect amp to car

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
auiite i already know how to connect the speakers to the car but after thats done .how do i hook up the amp so it works with the speakers?? right now im bored so im gona test fit em on the camry cause my allingment is getting done on monday so the cars at the shop.

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
beachsupra;1044211 said:
auiite i already know how to connect the speakers to the car but after thats done .how do i hook up the amp so it works with the speakers?? right now im bored so im gona test fit em on the camry cause my allingment is getting done on monday so the cars at the shop.

Wow, it's very difficult to answer your question because of the way you phrased it, but:

1. you don't connect speakers to your car, you connect them to either a head unit or an amp.
2. to connect the speakers to the amp you use what they call a speaker wire. You also need to connect the amp to the head unit via RCA cables, and lastly you need to provide power, ground and remote turn on for your amp.
3. go to www.crutchfield.com and find videos, diagrams and other helpful material on car audio.

P.S.

good luck buddy

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
well i removed the old speakers and cut the two wires connected to them positive and negative.then i connected my new speakers red and black to the blue and grey and they worked just fine.are the connected to the head unit wires??

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
i connected the speakers to the camry by cutting the blue and grey wires on the stock speakers and then connecting the red and black wires to the blue and grey wires(headunit right??). *coughs** correctly .... they sound nice and crisp .BUT how i i connect my amp to the head unit and speakers at the same time?pictures would be nice i suk at learning from reading.i appreciate all the advice .........btw is sound dynamics really that good for a 12 inch sub??

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
Well it would be easier if you tell what you are working with. which head unit, model number, what car, etc. other wise its impossible to tell what you need exactly.

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
.........btw is sound dynamics really that good for a 12 inch sub??[/QUOTE]Never heard about Sound Dynamics. Home audio?