How are KYB GR2 Shocks?

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
I think they are ok, but my opinion isn't really informed. I have them on my car, but the problem is, they came with them so I have no idea how a supra handles with anything else.

But the car feels pretty good compared to other cars I've driven, if that helps?

hung_lo

Sep 12, 2008
Burnaby
KYB GR2 are equivalents to OE.

I would highly recommend if budget allows to go with Tokico Illuminas instead, or if you can push further, a full set of coilovers.

Megan Racing Track series, Tein Superstreets and Stance GR+ are excellent budget coilovers.

kanji1jz

kanji
Jan 16, 2008
tampa fl
I have them with eibach springs and they ride great. better than stock, TEMS, but if I could do it over I would have used Bilstiens. If all you are doing is daily driving and a little screwing around these will be sufficient

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Megan coilovers > Teins (at least for MKIIIS)

Also Bilstein & Koni > Tokico

Go that route.

like its been said over and over GR2s are just OEM replacements, although they are a little stiffer than other OEM replacements. But by no means does that mean they are stiff performance shocks like Bilsteins or Konis.
I actually have GR2s and Eibach's on my wife's G20 and its actually a very capable set up for the G, i was skeptical at first but that simple set up can handle some wicked lateral loads :D