Houston shops

aggie08281

supra junkie
Feb 4, 2006
Houston
Does anyone know of a good place in the greater Houston area where i can tap and clean the threads on my oil pan? I have a small leak from the oil drain plug. I heard i can do it myself but I dont wanna screw it up. I really appreciate your help guys. Thanks

Red Dragon

Keep That on the Down Low
Jan 5, 2006
Austin, TX
Hey ag,

I don't have a lead on a particular shop for you, but pretty much any mechanic can do that for you in no-time flat if you don't have your own tap and die set. Shouldn't cost you very much at all (I assume you have the pan off?) If not, then they might do it for free since you are gonna have to do an oil change. So I would find a place that will do it and offers oil changes, then ask if they can rethread your pan while its empty. I personally would pull the pan to do it, to make sure you get all the metal shavings out. Don't even want to mess with metal shavings getting into your oil pump.

Btw, what class are you? I'm class of 2000.

Jeff

aggie08281

supra junkie
Feb 4, 2006
Houston
Thanks on the advice but I was told by some other guys on here that i can use a fumoto device, Im gonna look into it and see what that is. Do you have any idea what it is? I m class of 2008. Were you in the corps?