Hopefully my first car..

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
IJ.;1621303 said:
And that's when the problems start.....
This. Don't just rip apart the engine because you've gotten the car, or because you want it running it's very best instead of just really really good for a 20 year old car. You're just asking for trouble then. I'm not trying to downplay your intelligence but there's hundreds of things that could go wrong. You could do everything completely right and still have problems pop up as a result of just rebuilding the engine, then spend hundreds or thousands more dollars trying to diagnose what went wrong and trying to fix it (pretty much a worst case scenario, but still possible) Anyways, as the old saying goes, If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

As far as a Supra being a DD, I completely believe it's possible, as possible as any other car from the same era. Just keep in mind it is an old car and in spite of the low mileage, it will need a touch more care than your Integra. Just don't overdo it. ;)
IJ.;1621827 said:
Get a good job you're gonna need it....
This. Being unemployed and owning a Supra is tough. Take it from someone who knows. Also take it from someone that hasn't driven his Supra in over a month because he can't afford a clutch rebuild kit.
xzeror;1622336 said:
i dont see why you would dislike a car because its fwd? if its going to be a daily does it really matter?
Considering weather, I would prefer a FWD as a DD. Then again, I don't believe they experience weather in CA. :p

To OP: Regardless, of what's been mentioned, I hope you enjoy your Supra and you both treat each other well. Look forward to seeing it. :)