well i know what i have herd and read but does any one have a pic of the 2

showing the diffs

suppost to have thicker combustion rings

any one of the pic

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Nah the pics are all on my main PC that's packed away for the move....

Bead style if you remove the rivets will be 3 layers, Stopper will be 4 with 2 crimped together around where the fire-ring would be on a composite, can't be mistaken if you have one in your hands.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
hks_gasket01.gif

"The HKS Stopper-Type gasket consists of the maximum layers of plates possible and utilizes a molded stopper ring around each combustion chamber opening."
hks_gasket02.gif

"The HKS Bead-Type gasket features a raised bead structure around each combustion chamber to ensure a precise seal."
hks_gasket03.gif

"The HKS Grommet-Type Gasket employs a metal grommet around each combustion chamber, to ensure an excellent seal between the cylinder head and the engine block."

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
That depends really... What are your power goals? Stopper is said to be almost indestructible, but they come in a limited amount of thicknesses and are expensive. The bead style comes in a variety of brands and thicknesses and is said to be very tough, not to mention it is very affordable. I'm not even aware of anyone that currently sells the grommet style.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
CyFi6;1649117 said:
That depends really... What are your power goals? Stopper is said to be almost indestructible, but they come in a limited amount of thicknesses and are expensive. The bead style comes in a variety of brands and thicknesses and is said to be very tough, not to mention it is very affordable. I'm not even aware of anyone that currently sells the grommet style.

I destroyed one :D

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Also lets add, that a stopper is the only gasket expensive enough, that would warrant using more than once. No reason to re-use a bead type. The cost of a new one does not out weight the work cleaning the old one.