HKS S-AFC and VF

87supradude

living a country song
Jan 19, 2007
Salem, OR
I dont have any problems as of yet because im waiting to do the install until after I get a wideband setup (dynos arent earsy to find in bavaria). My question is has anyone used this and tuned it themselves that would like to share some info. mainly regarding VF. I am worried that after I get things all set or even along the way that the TCCS is going to alter base settings and therefore mess with the tune. I realy want a set it and forget it setup like the Maft-pro but that is for later. I read the article that was linked in the other thread here and while it does explain the VF how and why, Im not smart enough to pull out just what to do without alot more information. If there are more links I would be greatly appreciated!

Just for reference I will be running RC550s, old school hks evc, and 3'' back from a ddp. I would like to see what kind if 1/4mile times I can get in the stock turbo, and the plan is to blow the turbo or headgasket so my wife will let me upgrade those too:naughty:

Thanx for any help!

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
nothing special about the SAFR, it's exactly like any other AFM scaling device.

reread the Vf articles, it's not that difficult to understand. if you can't grasp that, you probably shouldn't be messing around....that would be best left to professionals. suffice to say that Vf is the ECU's way of telling you what it's trying to do....much like your wife, make it happy and you'll be golden.