hiyas/ ideas?

sweaver

Oct 13, 2010
ny
I just bought an 88 hardtop turbo car last week, that was heavily modified (and not staged up correctly) for a winter project. car ran very rough (to much fuel). ok heres the rundown. 720cc injectors lexus mafs T4 turbo large fmi with hardpipes large bov and wastegate 3inch turbo back ss pipes apexi afc neo (wasnt installed properly) coil over suspension mk4 cluch and rims (with new tread) drilled/sloted rotors big mitsubishi brake kit mark4 tail lights ground affects kit (not to fond of) with stickers :( nice post on how to remove them btw, however it has a year old black metal flake paint job that isn't bad. head has been gone though cams valves upgraded head gasket studs. interior rough wiring nightmare. after timing (cps not installed correctly) and fixing many vac leaks and poor grounds runs good till 3200 rpm then fuel cuts at about 4 or 5lbs of boost.

so if anyone has any ideas for a baseline afc neo setup i would be greatful. my thoughts and please any suggestions are welcome. wideband o2 sensor for a/f ratios to help with my setup adjustable fuel pressure regulator or maybe 550cc injectors (expensive) adjustable cam gears? would love to get the ecu to allow the car to burn this much fuel (safely). this forum and links found from it have been extremely helpful. for the 3000 i spent their is alot of car to work with. long time supra lover first time owner. keep up the good work.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I'd say you'd need to get something to switch it over to a MAP setup and eliminate the lexus maf which is likely causing the problems, or like you said step the injectors down to 550cc to match the lex afm.

You could either get an hks VPC and tune it with your SAFC, the tricky part to that would be finding the 720cc chip for the vpc.

Or you could get a maft pro setup and do the tuning through it and sell the safc and the lexus maf.

Or conversely someone might even trade you their 550cc injectors for the 720cc's I know I was even pondering needing bigger injectors for my plans already so theres likely a few people out there who would be willing to trade.

Also welcome to the forums ofcourse. Do you have any pics of the mitsubishi BBK? Sounds like an interesting car.