Hit 12's last night.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Went out the the dragstrip last night. First pass of the night I hit my best time. Next to the best slip is my "potential" best pass for the night but I missed *gulp* 4th gear. Of all gears how in the hell did I miss 4th!? Anyhow, you can see that I was a tenth faster up until the 1000ft mark. Also noted by my lower trap speed. I was on track for a 12.80 pass, but messed that up.

Oh, and they were handing out half slips last night for some reason. I got my ass handed to me by a 2dr Civic. He ran a 12.20, and kept pulling away from me all the while. It just didn't look right. He's got a nice set up under the hood though. There were quite a few fast Civics out there last night. All in all, I had a great time.

12comp.jpg

I backed it up with another 12second pass.

I need better driver mod to get these times down. I was running my Nitto DR's at 20psi.
Next I need to learn how to tune with this MAP ECU I have so I can get around fuel cut. I'm running 16psi on a Garret 60trim with supporting mods. I fattened up the fuel mixture to roughly 10.7afr. I used to run 11.7afr's but I think the car started to detonate with it so lean. I'll probably bump it up to 11.0 when I get the chance. I really want to run more boost and tune for 11.0 in the near future.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I had a set of nitto dr for about a year or so. I switched to the MT ET streets and they're twice as good. I used to get wheel hop a lot with my nitto's, but not with the et streets.

I'm pretty sure I could give you a one week ban for posting drag strip stories without video proof.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Uhgg, don't remind me. You guys know I usually post vids of the run, but this time I didn't bring a camera. I really didn't expect to dip into the 12's that night. I'm looking to see if anybody else got vids of it. That Civic that left me in the dust had a gopro on his car, but it was facing forward. I'll see if a vid pops up and post it here.

Funny you mention wheelhop. I was getting quite a bit of that even warming up the tires. Then again I'm still on stock shocks from the factory. I think it's time to swap them out. I've also thought about switching over the MT ET streets, but just bought a set of street tires instead. Once these Nitto's wear out I will be going with MT's. Probably 15's instead of 16's since they'll be on another set of wheels just for strip use.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
The ET streets on 15's are going to be a perfect setup. You'll have some great sixty foot times with those if you can make a little boost off of the line.
I bought the two step and antilag so I could launch with about eight psi off the line. The best sixty foot I ever got was a 1.69, but most of the time I'm around the 1.90 sixty foot. I have the Tein coilovers on mine. The stock shocks should be better for launching. They'll let the car squat a little which is what you want.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Problem with my car is I don't get full boost until 4300rpm. I have to launch at high rpms go avoid bogging. At 20psi I do get a little wheelspin, but they recover and hook up. I'm sure I can drop tire pressure a little more, but the it'll hook better and bog resulting in a slower 60ft time. I need to find a way to build boost off the line. If I could consistantly run 1.9's I'd be running 12.70's. I'll figure it out as money permits.

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
If you pick up 2 tenths in the 60' I bet you pick up more than 2 tenths on the other end. Is there no way to brake boost on the line with the manual?

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Ive heard people say that they can roll onto the e brake to build I little pressure from a stop.

But I dont know if id try that... just get anti lag and 2step

Congratulations bud.

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
i was thinking of something like a line lock, or just using the brake and gas and slipping the clutch? i have never made a drag pass on more than 2 wheels!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Suprapowaz!(2);1907377 said:
Uhgg, don't remind me. You guys know I usually post vids of the run, but this time I didn't bring a camera. I really didn't expect to dip into the 12's that night. I'm looking to see if anybody else got vids of it. That Civic that left me in the dust had a gopro on his car, but it was facing forward. I'll see if a vid pops up and post it here.
It was the camera slowing you down all this time man! :rofl: Seriously though, nice pass. Difference between that Honda kicking your ass and your car, you probably drove yours home in comfort I imagine, while Honda driver has a headache because he drove a loud and fast tin can to the track. I had the same thing happen at SILV 2010. We all got our asses kicked by the Honda crowd, but most of us drove our cars there and back, and in comfort I might add.

Also, if you're gonna use a 15" wheel, make sure you space it out properly when you get your wheels. Stock rotors plus a relatively high offset (whatever the stock 15" Mazda3i wheels were in 2006 models) will wear into your calipers. I wanna say their offset is around +40, +37, something like that. ;)

As for brake boosting in this situation with a manual, I was trying to get it to work on my car a few years back, it *kinda* works, but I could never get it to work very well. That, and the clutch will get hot. If you have a crap clutch, it'll just fry, rendering your efforts moot. If you have a decent clutch, it might hold, but they tend to get kinda touchy. Hence, I've since just launched around 5000-6000 rpm depending on the tire I had on at the time. Usually works great if you drive it like you do every day, just launching at higher rpm. Same clutch operation, works great.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Suprapowaz!(2);1907345 said:
I was thinking the same thing. I wish I could get my hands on a 4.30 lsd.

I've got one ;). Needs rebuilt though.

Great times! Same thing happened to me on my best pass missed 4th gear lol.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I got my hands on a 4.30 lsd at the junk yard a few weeks ago. I decided to pass it up cause they wanted $168 for it. I wasn't willing to pay that much for something I had no knowledge of it working condition.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Suprapowaz!(2);1916648 said:
I got my hands on a 4.30 lsd at the junk yard a few weeks ago. I decided to pass it up cause they wanted $168 for it. I wasn't willing to pay that much for something I had no knowledge of it working condition.

I'd make you a better deal if you still want one. Its overspun though I found that out last year. Dropped out back out of my car going 3 speed auto now so I don't need it. My guess if you order a weir kit it would do wonders.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
Suprapowaz!(2);1907345 said:
I was thinking the same thing. I wish I could get my hands on a 4.30 lsd.

You really looking for one? My buddy has one idk how much shipping would be but lmk if your interested