Hi Supramania members!

geser

Oct 7, 2008
Crescent City, CA
Hi, my name is Chan. I am from California. I am new to supramania and own a Pearl White 1990 Toyota Supra Turbo. This is my first supra ever. I felt in love with these cars after driving one of my cousins'. I am looking forward to learning a lot more about Supras and so far I am loving the way how these cars handles at corners and turns. Bought the car all Stock in October 2008. So far Mods done on it are:

Car's breathing: Apexi air filter, HKS BOV, 3" DDP (open), 3" High Flow Cat, 3.3" Blitz NUR Catback. Just with these mods, car is boosting 8psi without boost control or shimming the wastegate.

Suspension: I know I shouldn't mess with the suspension but wanted to lower my car so badly that I cut the stock springs. Also added Cusco Front and Reat Strut bar. Car handles corners amazing with these.

Electronically: HKS TT, HID Hi/Lo Bi-xenon H4 kit, Rewire fog light.

Anyways, I am looking forward to learning from a lot of intelligent members in here.

Attachments

• IMAGE_363.jpg
    IMAGE_363.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAGE_339.jpg
    IMAGE_339.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAGE_368.jpg
    IMAGE_368.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 7

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
The car looks nice man. You should be able to find a nice set of springs and shocks on here. I suggest the H&R's. Did you just cut the fronts?

Welcome to SM.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
if you think strut bars make the can handle good, throw on a nice suspension setup, or even just a set of nice struts and springs, you'll be wayyyy happier.

but good starting point. sounds like a good fun supra.
its always nice to see CA members on here.

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
Welcome to supramania.Nice looking car.My advice is to ditch the cut springs,and if nothing else find a used set of good springs.The strut bars have little to no effect to handling on the MK3's.Good quality springs are night and day from stock,even more so from cut stock ones.

geser

Oct 7, 2008
Crescent City, CA
toy fanatic78;1207881 said:
Welcome to supramania.Nice looking car.My advice is to ditch the cut springs,and if nothing else find a used set of good springs.The strut bars have little to no effect to handling on the MK3's.Good quality springs are night and day from stock,even more so from cut stock ones.

Yeah, Cut spring is a little bumpy. They are just temporary for the lower look. I have my eyes on some TOKICO Illumina Shocks and H&R Sport or Eibach Pro Kit Springs. Still saving my up for a cheap set.

geser

Oct 7, 2008
Crescent City, CA
Supra28;1207841 said:
The car looks nice man. You should be able to find a nice set of springs and shocks on here. I suggest the H&R's. Did you just cut the fronts?

Welcome to SM.

I cut both front in back. Only took a little of the back. Thanks.

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
geser;1208288 said:
Yeah, Cut spring is a little bumpy. They are just temporary for the lower look. I have my eyes on some TOKICO Illumina Shocks and H&R Sport or Eibach Pro Kit Springs. Still saving my up for a cheap set.

My bro has the Eibachs on his MKIII and it doesn't offer too much of a drop in my opinion. Obviously less wheel gap than stock but not low enough. Go with the H&R's, you'll like the stance.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Welcome.

H&R drop is pretty yummy (Mines equipped with a set). The thing I don't like too much myself is the 'raked' stance it gives off. Would definitely love to go lower in the rears and might be doing so in the near future with another set (just don't really quite know of which other springs yet)

Last edited: