Hey everyone

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
I have had my 1987 supra for 2 years, went through a lot! One day it just started smoking like crazy(burning oil), motor had caught fire because the dipstick is right under the turbo and oil was flying all over it. My wifes dad worked at a body shop and decided to suprise me with a swap while i was away in Reno. I had this current motor for a week when it started smoking so i replaced the turbo (old one had bad shaft play) with a LIPP stage 4. It works great, but the car still smokes at initial start due to bad valve seals. That was okay with me, but now i have a bigger problem. Any guesses? Yep, a BHG. I just found out this thursday from the diagnostic shop. Oh well, at least now i can replace the valve seals and put an HKS stopper with ARP head studs in it. I love learning about these cars. I hope to learn more by visiting the site frequently.

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Hopefully everything turns out fine with your car. You can get all the info you need here on this wonderful "world of MKIII's" site. :icon_bigg

Welcome to SM and some pics of the car wouldn't hurt. :icon_wink

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Just checked out pics of your Supra, it's nice. Front mounts looks beasty, what kind is it? I couldn't tell from the pics but, is your car a hardtop or targa?