Help me pick a clutch pleeeease!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boostage

Oct 4, 2006
Florida
I am on HPF and they have so many clutches

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/performanceparts/Toyota/Supra_MK3/Clutch/Clutch_Kits

I currentyly have a 1jz powered 240sx it weighs 3130 lbs I had a Driftmotion action 6 puck with new OEM pressure plate. and after two hard launches at the drag strip the clutch let go I made 421rwhp 335tq. this POSSIBLY was due to not properly breaking it in.

Anyway I am doing a 1.5jz and I will need a clutch that will hold 580tq-600tq I probably wont do much drag racing anymore. just alot of street roll ons.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
I might be wrong, but you could always go by the values listed to the left of the price...there are a few that have torque values in the mid 600's ;)

Or, try calling them directly and asking, I'm sure you can find someone who can help you out:
Sales / Customer Service
Phone: 503-256-5600 opt 2
Toll Free: 866-HPF-5600 opt 2

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
A 240sx with a 1JZ...and, how does this question relate to a general Mk III discussion?
This really belongs in the Other Engine Tech section.

Thread moved...please pay attention to where you post.

Boostage

Oct 4, 2006
Florida
Ok Why was this moved? I posted in the 7m section because thats the clutch I will be using with TQ numbers of typically higher than the average modded 1j

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
I really don't care what your personal reasoning is...it's a 1JZ in a 240sx. Absolutely nothing to do with a Supra. I was cutting you slack by just moving it...that slack just evaporated.

Boostage

Oct 4, 2006
Florida
I posted a 7m tranny question I didnt post a chassis or motor question. My question was to help decide what clutch to us in my 7m tranny. Im still using a 7m tranny wether its in a supra or a helicopter.

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
OP the 1j guys who all run the r154 will know better than the gen discusion alot of the people there wont be able to give you a good answer jdub was right in moving it even if it a 7m tranny the engine powwering changes things a little bit

Boostage

Oct 4, 2006
Florida
tbcmorris I guess I assumed 7m guys were making power. But after browsing around in there for a little I now see why he moved it. I dont really go in that section. maybe you are right, anything relating to 300rwhp or greater goes in the other engine section.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Boostage;1323025 said:
maybe you are right, anything relating to 300rwhp or greater goes in the other engine section.

I'm going to clue you in sport...HP has nothing to do with it. There are many, many more 7M's making well over 400 HP than the 1JZ. This question has to do with a clutch that is attached to a 1JZ engine...that is why it belongs here. tcbmorris is correct, guys with this motor will best be able to help you.

The R154, W58, and A340E are trannys used on multiple Toyota cars/engines, including the 7M. If you had a specific tranny problem, rebuild question, etc. you can ask in the General section since it is common on many engines. This question was specific.

I move threads in an attempt to best help the OP get a correct, well informed answer to a question. Apparently, some people don't seem to take it that way.
BTW - I can read deleted posts ;)

Enough of this...back on topic.

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
i use a spec clucth, i made 480 rwhp on my last dyno with my 7m. i will be reusing the clucth or getting an os giken for my jz swap now that i have decide to part out my engine. i hope that helps a little bit.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Boostage;1323025 said:
tbcmorris I guess I assumed 7m guys were making power. But after browsing around in there for a little I now see why he moved it. I dont really go in that section. maybe you are right, anything relating to 300rwhp or greater goes in the other engine section.

Ok, this ends here.

Your thread got moved, it's really not that big of a deal.

But for some reason you can't accept it. You then proceed to get in a pissing contest with a mod, and then, as your final passive aggressive act, you start trolling by making a comment that slams the most common engine in the MKIII Supra.

That's called making an ass of yourself -- And we have a place for it:

severe.jpg

When you get over yourself, feel free to post a new thread in the appropriate forum, without a pissing contest, without insults, and you may get some help.

In the meantime, this thread stands as at testament on how to not get help, and how to not deal with the staff.

Tread lightly going forward. You've just burned up a bunch of good will.

Status
Not open for further replies.