Help me out with picking the right stand alone

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
I finally saved up enough for a stand alone for my 89 7mgte. I originally wanted a pro efi 48 as it did almost everything I wanted at a nice price point but then I learned that it didn't have knock control and it cost an extra 300 dollars for a cable to tune yourself. I was set to pull the trigger and still like the MS3 pro but while reading the manual I learned that it did not support low impedance injectors so I would either have to spend about 300 more for a peak and hold injector driver, run a resistor, or switch to high impedance injectors.

The other option I am currently looking at is the AEM infinity 6 which looks like a decently priced option with everything I would need (the box is about $1400 and the 8' universal harness is around $450 and comes wired with power, grounds, power relay, and fuse block. However, they do not have a pin out available yet nor have I seen a manual for it, the only one I found was for the full fledged infinity. I know from reading their website that it can run the IAC valve, dual channel knock control, flex fuel, and has an internal Wideband. It also says that it works with the 2jz cam sensor which I believe is the same as the 7mgte 24-1 set up. However, I have no idea if it has enough I/O to run all of the stock gauges, air con, rear traction control, flex fuel and sensors. I would assume that it wouldn't be an issue as it seems that most "boxes" have at least the same and with it running an 80 wire harness it should have enough.

Has anyone run/installed an AEM Infinity or Infinity 6? If so where there any issues, is it user friendly for a newbie? Would the dimensions allow it to fit in the stock ECU location (approximately 5.8 x 5.5 inches for the box)?

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
I'm testing trigger settings this evening on a new plug and play standalone option for the 7M crowd. Hit up www.ECUMasterUSA.com, we have a plug and play solution in the works. It will drive low impedance injectors, you just need to keep your resistor pack to do so. Knock control is among the best in the business, our ECU is optimized for flat response sensors which can respond to all frequencies, not just a peak resonance like the stock sensors. Our plug and play option with 4 bar map sensor, wideband sensor, and plug and play adapter will be around the $1400 mark. Check out the specs on our site.