Help converting an Image to straight B&W

jmanbball

Yellow Jacket
Apr 17, 2006
Hittin' the books at Tech
I have an image that is in JPEG form. It may have originally been straigt black and white, but the compression of the image caused the border to have a grey gradient. Does anyone know how to easily make it straight black and white again, without going pixel by pixel in MS Paint. I do have photoshop elements as well.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
So do you mean you need to knock a monochrome B&W back down from greyscale? Post it up and I'll fix it for you real quick.

jmanbball

Yellow Jacket
Apr 17, 2006
monochrome: yes
heres the image, thanks
supramk3zo6.jpg

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Well, I'm not seeing any gradient... I checked it in PS and the Information panel isn't finding anything but white along the border of the image. I did see some errant noise along the edges of the letters. I knocked it back to a monochrome and pushed the contrast a bit. I cleaned up most of the noise too. I did, however, leave the anti-aliasing which serves to visually smooth the edges of the letters.

I hope that helps.

supramk3zo6_2.jpg

You can download the file as GIF, JPEG or PSD here.

jmanbball

Yellow Jacket
Apr 17, 2006
Actually, the anti_aliasing was one of the things I would like to get rid of, and have the thing have only two colors.

Im trying to use it for an embroidery program which converts it to a embroidery design. I was trying to use it for a design, but the auto convert didnt follow the edges exactly, and I think by removing the blurred edges, it will follow more closely, maybe.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Okay, there's a version without anti-aliasing posted. It's labeled *_3.jpg, *_3.gif and *_3.psd. Download the format of your choice.