Hello from the new ("noob") SME!

turbo joe

Aug 14, 2007
Corona, CA
www.turbojoe.com
OK...so here goes. :) My name is Joe Morgan...aka "Turbo Joe". ("Hi Joe!")

So you guys are probably wondering who the hell I am and why I'm in charge here. Well...the short story is...I do a fair amount of tuning on standalones, I've got a dynojet to play with and I'm not afraid to use it. I have experience with a good number of standalones, from high-end stuff (Pectel) to some of the ...shall we say...more "economical" brands. :) IMO, they all have their good points...some more than others...and I like messing with them all. The biggest reason is that Big Aaron called and asked me if I would/could help out here moderating a section on standalone management systems...and as per my usual custom, I said yes, then asked what I was getting myself into.

I certainly have my opinions about what's important and what's not...but I'm not really looking to turn this into "What does Joe think about XXXX? blog". Please don't take my word as any final authority. I've gotten to mess around with some cool stuff, made it run fast and haven't hurt anything with my tuning. I know for 100% sure my approach to tuning works...but so do others. I'll try to respect your opinions and experience if you try and respect mine.

I'm kinda new around these parts...well...at least this forum, so I'm trying to figure out how all this works. Please bear with me. My general philosophy is that a light moderator footprint is the best, but I'll defer to the boss man on that. I'll do my best to answer whatever questions I can and I'm looking forward to maybe meeting up with some people sometime.

BTW -- if anyone is in the SoCal area and looking to dyno a car, just hit me up. We have a T-Ten program at the school, so if there are any Toyota-specific technical questions out there...I may be able to help you out with them. No promises, but I'll do my best.

Fire away. :)

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
thanks for stepping up turbo joe - we were waiting for a SME on this. I'm just starting to get my AEM running right since installing it last fall. We were absolutely hammered with snow this year and we STILL are getting snowed on (today is march 31st) with 4" yesterday.... I will be moving down to Palmdale this month.

Anyway, I hope that while I continue to iron out some bugs in my cal that you may even have time to look at it. I posted it in the other thread. I still need to add some fuel to it but im trying out a boost comp method.

Thanks again.

simpsons7s

Its pronounced Nu-clear..
Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
About time you joined us!!!:icon_bigg
For those who don't know, and not that Joe needs any more added to his credentials. Turbo Joe has huge amout of experiance and expertice in cars, racing and tuning. He was my Dyno instructor in college and helped tune on many of the cars that both Bigaaron I and others had trouble with. He has always went out of his way to help. Also he has the sickest ford focus stationwagon that he built and drove into the low 8's in the 1/4 on a 4cyl with alcohol.