Hello everyone...

moparbob498

Slacker
Aug 29, 2010
Homer City---PA
sorry for not posting...as i am the proud owner of my first Supra--sold my 99 Acura Integra & scored a 1986.5 (i think..?) 7M-GE N/A 5 speed....and a whole bunch of problems---
so i have been reading alot of technical threads trying to fix my pride and joy..with some sucess but.. OMG the gremlins....like...car runs like crap--no power..
so far i"ve fixed or replaced; spark plugs--(Good Lord..they had Bosh double Platinums in it)
NGK"s to the rescue--oil & filter change---and don't even know how it ran before,..but re-set the timing correctly--(runs so much better)---thermostat...and cleaned & added grounds
so current issue is,..when car is dead cold,.it starts & runs fine,..but when you shut it off & wait 5 minutes,..restart,..acts as though its flooded out & have to flutter gas pedal to keep running,.after a minute or so it clears up & is fine..???? other problem--when you honk the horn--(lol) the headlights flip up & on----and is also stuck on HIGH BEAM only
also,..the previous owner replaced the exhaust with 1 5/8" omg...that clacky sound
thats gonna be changed soon,..but would like it to run better....its also throwing code 14 now...i had no codes the other day...go figure...well this is an awesome site,.i just been filling my head with info before i ask a dumb question,.thats why i haven't posted yet..try to research my situation & when im at my wits end i ask questions....Thanks for the Great Site once again guys
Bob

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

oh ya...forgot to mention...car is doggy...all noise..but @4000 rpm when your into it...it all of a sudden takes off (like the power band in a 2-stroke dirt bike) then falls on its face again...??? dunno