Heater tube mystery/ where am I NOT looking??????

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
I feel like a total idiot for even asking: I'm removing the heater tube that is behind the exhaust manifold and runs from the block and thermostat housing to the feed and return line from the heater. I can see the top tube goes to the top of the head and the bottom line is a the mystery where I can't see the other end and where it is supposed to be attached heater. I've looked with a mirror from the passenger side and all I see is the hose clamp but can't pass that, where it is suppose to be hooked up to the heater core. I thought for sure it was bolted to the head. From I heard it's pretty much impossible to get to. Explain to me how far from the exhaust manifold to the connection I'm looking for, two or three inches? Please help,.. I'm a idiot newbie.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The head port inline with the spark plugs typically goes to the heater valve on passenger side and then to heater core inlet on passenger side.

The drivers side heater core inlet goes to the drivers side of the head underneath where the egr would be.

MichiganLC

Oct 30, 2015
Michigan
734baf47d85cc04918d9eb6e084848dc.jpg

Does this help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Wow not only does this help, thats my answer, how luck of me for you to have a picture this clear so i can understand it, clear picture, luck for me you just happened to have a engine on a stand!!!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
If you have a older 7m motor, you may have a extra port on the lower return heater pipe (right below the 90 degree rubber hose on the passenger side) that needs a rubber cap so its blocked off. It was a universal design for RHD and LHD Supras as the heater hose routing was different for both.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
I'm gonna assume there is NO WAY possible to remove this without removing the head or pulling the engine, I'm I right???

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
on the car? if you did please tell me more please, right now I dont see it, mechanicly I'm pretty good, apparently not as good as you guys,. I thought I'd stretch it over the top,. I just don't have experience as you guys do,...Thanks!!

MK3pizzadriver;2094228 said:
No, I installed mine after the head when doing my head gasket.

Last edited:

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
To be honest, I don't think you will be able to get it in there in it's factory form with the head installed. What makes it hard it that small metal line that runs under the intake manifold. If you did not have that it would be shaped like a L and you can get it in from the exhaust side.

If you really had to I am sure you can run a longer rubber coolant hose and modify that small metal pipe somehow so it only sticks out about a inch. That should give you enough clearance to get it in there.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Thanks Plaaya, I'm gonna agree with you, I think it's damm near impossible to get it out, I was thinking of cutting just so it clears the head to remove it, and add rubber hose as you have said.