headlight question please help :)

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
His headlights aren't even open he just replaced the parking lights with ugly LEDs and put HIDs in the foglights. LEDs don't belong on an 80s/90s car. I bet the range on those are crappy too.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
LED's are fine, but it looks like he's trying to use them for main lighting.

Fog lights don't have the required beam format or height to be used as the headlights. He might THINK it's good because he has massive amounts of foreground light, but anything over 15mph and he's outdriving his lights...

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
LEDs are fine and great but not as lights on our cars they just don't fit and if not done properly it can easily look terrible.

87Tmk3

Apr 14, 2012
Iowa
Well if you guys say they won't work will just stick with stock ones. Just thought it would look better then the ugly ones you can buy to replace the flip up ones.
Thanks for the help!

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
please don't ruin your MK3 with LEDs for lights lol just get some white HIDs projectors look weird it's like the car has eyes. Just my opinion of course.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Doat;1894727 said:
please don't ruin your MK3 with LEDs for lights lol just get some white HIDs projectors look weird it's like the car has eyes. Just my opinion of course.

If you do this, get true projectors, not the crap $14 "projector" housings and an H4 HID kit. The glare is crazy.