Headgasket Re-Torque

excelsupra

Jan 24, 2009
Cerritos, CA
Does anyone know of any so-cal shops familar with the procedure of re-torquing the headgasket bolts. I know you can do it yourself and what not, but im not mechanically inclined, and would rather pay to do it right.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
I would contact driftmotion...

but why are you wanting it done? if your on the OEM headgasket be careful...
i would just call them though and im sure he'll ask you all of the needed questions...

excelsupra

Jan 24, 2009
Cerritos, CA
update:
I talked to a shop called Dan's Toy. They are a specialty Toyota Performance shop. They said $96 for the re-torque, does that sound about right?

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
$96 :aigo: I guess its your $$ all your paying for is labor involved and taxes. It's around 1-1.5 hrs. to preform a re-torque, so there charging you $64/Hr. I would charge you a case of beer :evil2:

This is why I do all my own work.:biglaugh:

excelsupra

Jan 24, 2009
Cerritos, CA
92nsx;1243308 said:
$96 :aigo: I guess its your $$ all your paying for is labor involved and taxes. It's around 1-1.5 hrs. to preform a re-torque, so there charging you $64/Hr. I would charge you a case of beer :evil2:

im down for a road-trip :D. Nah im not mechanically inclined at all, and would rather get it down right even if it did cost a bit.

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
92nsx;1243308 said:

make that a 24 pack. oooh and pizza too please.:naughty::biglaugh:

ed.d.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
for the amount of work involved in a re-troque on a supra where everything is in place, covers, cables, routing of stuff... $96 is a damn steal.

i myself would only charge $40-60 depending on the supra...
but i dont own a shop, so its much different for me.