head unit mounting brackets....

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Are these brackets universal with other cars? I'm trying to source some locally, but no luck finding a supra so far, so is there another cars brackets I can use?

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
rakkasan said:
Are these brackets universal with other cars? I'm trying to source some locally, but no luck finding a supra so far, so is there another cars brackets I can use?

No.

You can use a Metra dash kit... I am not a fan of the way it sits, but the part number is 99-8101.

Just call up JayMarks/Champion and order some.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Factory brackets fit better than any aftermarket kits. The dealership can usually get them easily and they are not expensive. Be sure to remove the cage and trim bezel on your aftermarket deck, and buy a toyota DIN pocket if you need something to fill the space underneath.

theprodigy79

Irish Cream
Mar 5, 2007
Centreville, VA
Are you speaking of a dask/trim install kit (that fills the gap around the radio for a "factory" look), or the actual mounting brackets that the radio gets screwed into? I assume you are speaking of the dash kit (as the others above do as well), but sometimes assumptions aren't safe without clarification...

-James

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
When installing with the factory metal brackets(that mount to the side of the stereo, the only gap is underneath the radio, which requires a toyota DIN pocket to fill the space. Everything fits 100% perfect. Most early Toyotas are like this.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
theprodigy79 said:
Are you speaking of a dask/trim install kit (that fills the gap around the radio for a "factory" look), or the actual mounting brackets that the radio gets screwed into? I assume you are speaking of the dash kit (as the others above do as well), but sometimes assumptions aren't safe without clarification...

-James

the actual mounting brackets that the radio gets screwed into, sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm installing an Avic-D2 (double DIN), so no need to worry about the trim.....

Is there an alternate source (corolla, camry, ect) that might work?

theprodigy79

Irish Cream
Mar 5, 2007
Centreville, VA
Yes, the mounting brackets should be the same between most Toyota vehicles.

Did you already find an alternate source, or are you having problems locating brackets specified for a MKIII?

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
I'm trying to identify the available alternatives, MKIII's are scarce in this area.

So I should have some luck with brackets from any Toyota?

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
The mounting brackets that will fit the 86-92 Supras are IIRC, are the ealry 90's 4runners(like the 93,94,95), the early 90's toyota pick up trucks(like the 94,95). And also I think the early 90's camerys. Sorry I dont know the years.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Yeah, I heard they're inexpensive from the dealer. I think I got my brackets out of a mid 80's Celica.

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
I have a bunch of spare radios. any chance that what you need is attached to them? i know i just took them out and didn't remove anything. i have to locate them though