Haltech PS1000

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
Hey guys

Been trying to do some quick research on this ECU for the 1j.. found a pretty awesome price on a brand new one and need to figure out if I want to buy it asap so I come to Supra Mania for advice

We all know it's an awesome ECU.. my question is wiring:

The guy is also selling a new PS1000 universal flying lead harness.. I can get this as a 'package' deal with the ECU.. This would take me tracking down the 1JZ wiring diagram which shouldn't be too difficult I hope

The second option is buy a 2jz plug and play harness for ~$100 more.. then have to wire that plug to work with the 1jz anyway

For those with experience in this matter of wiring stand alones what do you think the BEST option would be? I'm leaning towards buying the ECU and universal harness together

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Can you do wiring? It's not as straight forward as people like to think. If you have a hard time with OEM stuff look for a plug and play AEM kit like I have for sale.

If you can do wiring, go ahead and pick up the "deal" with the harness and the plugs from your local Toyota dealer or DriftMotion and wire it up and load a 2JZ base map and tune from there.

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
They don't have a plug and play for the 1j.. i found a post from BIC saying they were working on one for the ps2000 but not sure if that happened. I did email them though.

I'm capable of wiring.. but I did go mechanical engineering instead of electrical for a reason. I'd like to make it easier on myself if possible to reduce any chance for a miswire. Hopfully BIC emails me back soon and says they have one or can make one fairly easily

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
87M-GTE Are you running the 1jz or 7m? Did you get the universal harness? If you have the 1j do you have the wiring diagrams you used for the 1j by any chance?

I thought BIC was still around... the post about the harness was from 2010 I think but I emailed anyway

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
They said they were down sizing.

You don't need the 1JZ diagram. You need Haltechs diagram. Just get the full harness, usually comes with labeled ends and buy the plugs and do it yourself.

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
Pretty sure I need to know where to put the Haltech wires.. so I need to know what wire is for what for the 1JZ.. which means wiring diagram for the 1JZ

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Mk3*Supra;1798138 said:
The guy is also selling a new PS1000 universal flying lead harness..

You said "flying lead harness.". That is a full length unterminated harness where you just put the wires to the plug. If you have a jumper harness, then you will need the diagram as you are still using the stock harness.

I was just going off what you said.

Emilian

Sep 1, 2010
Farmington Hills, MI
If you are not very good with wiring, I would not suggest doing it yourself. A buddy of mine will wire it and tune it for about $1,000. He had a 1J pushing 639 WHP on a Haltech Platinum Sport 2000.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Emilian;1800279 said:
If you are not very good with wiring, I would not suggest doing it yourself. A buddy of mine will wire it and tune it for about $1,000. He had a 1J pushing 639 WHP on a Haltech Platinum Sport 2000.

Great deal right here.... 500-600 for a good tune AND the rest for wiring is a super good price.

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
Send me a link to the shop and I'll look into it. I'm not going to let just anybody touch my car.

and I'm plenty capable of wiring. I just don't like it.

JAMDUN17

Aug 1, 2011
Germantown MD
Emilian;1800279 said:
What does your friend need to do the wiring and tuning ? Just bought a Ps2000 so I'm interested. Any links to his project ?