H&R's and stock shocks?

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Im looking into getting some H&R springs to make my supra look better.. No monster truck status here please :biglaugh: Anyways, My supra is all stock, It has Toyota shocks on it but it is pretty dang stiff.. My question is, can I use the H&R springs with the stock shocks? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all the active members on supra mania! Great group here :)

Thanks,
Devin

uncorkedsupra

Jan 24, 2008
Edmonton, AB
I personally wouldn't, i hear that dropping these cars with the stock shocks isn't the best idea, the lowering does a number on the old semi worn out (although feeling stiff) shocks, plus there is something about stock shocks bottoming, i have also read that the H&R springs can sag if not mated with some pretty stiff shocks, you can give it a try, but as i have experienced-trying to save a couple bucks right now usually leads to spending twice as much later. Search the forum for some good shock/sping combo's, but i would wait and save up for some better shocks.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
get new shocks...and sprnngs at the sametime...they feel stiff until you take the springs off and you push down on the shock and see how fast it comes up

ATLMkIII

Jan 14, 2010
Marietta, GA
The KYB GR2s would be not alot more stiff than stock. The AGX series would be more appropriate with an H&R spring. Maybe someone can lobby KYB to start producing an AGX series shock package for the MKIII.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
Personally I would not lower on stock shocks especially with the H&Rs as they are the lowest spring on the market that I know of. I would wait till you can afford to do shocks at the same time or better yet get better tires for more grip.