H&R Springs ... what else?

--Wolf--

May 8, 2009
Chch, New Zealand
Looking to buy some H&R Race Springs (that lower around 2"), for my 86.5 and was just wondering a couple of things:

1) Where can I buy them online that'll ship worldwide (and where is the cheapest place to get them)? (Ones on eBay are about $300 for shipping to New Zealand!), or is anyone keen to ship them to me? We have very little parts for the MKIII here, let alone H&R Springs.

2) What else will I need? Probably a really stupid question sorry, but shocks? Will these springs work with the factory ones (not worried about losing TEMS), i'm assuming they won't so what are the most popular (and cheapest) shocks that people partner with these springs? And is there anything else I'll need to replace? Have read about having to replace other parts which I can't name off the top of my head.

Cheers

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
i would at least get new shocks too. if you have the money get bilstein all around. if youre on a budget then get tokico blues

davidgboyle

Aug 10, 2009
Guelph
I have H&R springs with Tokico blues and the car runs very nicely. Its rough but very responsive and sits very nice. This combination is definitely a more performance based combo.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
davidgboyle;1386005 said:
I have H&R springs with Tokico blues and the car runs very nicely. Its rough but very responsive and sits very nice. This combination is definitely a more performance based combo.

any alignment issues with a suspension parts?

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
i have h&r springs, konis, sway bar and poly bushing and it rides like a dream. and the drop is great and not a rough ride at all. im very satisfied with my setup. i got the springs from tire rack not a bad price either.

dj7mge

Mar 12, 2009
milwaukee wi
horsepowerfreaks.com has the cheapest prices for almost everything for our car. get tokico blues and make sure you get new strut mounts. i'm going to be installing the same set up on my 87