Guv'na's Tavern

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
Right?
Hey freak, I've had a baby gift riding around with me for what seems like a couple years now. Probably won't fit your kid now...... Maybe I'll have to get him a shotgun or something. At this rate he'll be big enough by the time we ever get together again.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Hey guys! How's it going? Sorry I've been gone. I jumped off my roof July 4th last year and broke both arms and had to get a new joint put in my elbow, so I've been fighting with the Navy to not kick me out. Been kinda busy! Don't do what I did. It hurts.

Anyway, I still don't have a Supra. I visit the Cars and Coffee thing in Dallas as often as I can, and I may see one Supra there. Apparently, these cars are rare here. It makes me sad not to see them as often as I did back in the PacNW. Hopefully I'll be able to get another car one of these days. I still need to finish making that other digital dash. I have all the parts, I've just been lazy. I have been working on this though!

It is an old gas turbine generator from the 60's. I've been working on a control system for it that looks cool and works well. My goal is to find an old sandrail frame and a couple used Leaf motors and a Prius battery pack, hook it up to the generator here and make a gas turbine electric hybrid car. The engine will only put out electricity to keep the batteries charged, so I will be able to squeeze a lot more power out of the motors since I won't be worrying about having to use as little electricity as possible. Should be fun!

Bird87

Jul 25, 2009
Oregon
OK first off:

How and why did you jump off your roof? ( I'm assuming drunk )

2. The PACNW crew is broken. No one really does much anymore and everyone has gone quiet.

3. That turbine project is fucking awesome!

From the Bird Phone! (X_x)@==(','@)

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Well, contrary to popular belief, I wasn't drunk! I only had 3 beers earlier that day. I would have been drunk, but I only had 3 and neglected to get more. As far as the crew goes, that is crap! We used to be awesome! And thanks, the turbine is quite a bit of fun. I'm sure my neighbors don't think so, but they haven't complained yet...
Here is a link to the video of it starting.
[video]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q6GYIvMG5jY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Damn dude! Awesome turbine project but shit at jumping off of stuff. Guess it's true what they say about the white men not being able to jump. Glad to hear you're alive though.

PNW has been supra quiet... too quiet.