Greetings from Canada!

CanadianLurch

Oct 14, 2008
Alberta
hello everyone i actually introduced myself a few weeks ago but was unable to get pictures until now because unfortunatly my other winter vehicle (a 94 honda accord ex-r) was written off by a hit and run semi truck while my friend was driving it! anyways i would really like to show you guys some pictures of my car which is a 87, Pearl white, Targa, Turbo, 5 spd. I bought it with the intentions of keeping the 7mgte in it but whomever did the headgasket (only 20 000 km ago) did a shitty job. so i am currently in the process of swapping in a 1jz. my mechanic put the motor and tranny in today and posted some pics on facebook so i will now be able to show you!

Attachments

• supra1.jpg
    supra1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 17
  • supra2.jpg
    supra2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 10
  • supra3.jpg
    supra3.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 16
  • supra4.jpg
    supra4.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 12
  • supra5.jpg
    supra5.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 19

CanadianLurch

Oct 14, 2008
Alberta
Thanks, i am actually from more of the westcoast. I grew up in Calgary Alberta but now live in a smaller city a couple hours south called Lethbridge

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
CanadianLurch;1193868 said:
sorry ftw? not sure what it means

Welcome i guess i know where you are, lol i posted in your build asking were you where.

but ftw = for the win iirc

CanadianLurch

Oct 14, 2008
Alberta
EthanMKIII;1202033 said:
Very nice looking pre 89 supra luv the white. I live in Canada too and im just wondering, were did u get the 1Jz?

I got it from a local Lethbridge , AB shop called MAK Customs. Really nice guys there very informative ive found.

CanadianLurch

Oct 14, 2008
Alberta
ya whats up bro! hows the weather out in maple ridge? were getting a storm here which is awesome for ski season but sucky for supra season!

Boombastic

Proud mk3 Owner
Dec 10, 2008
Maple Ridge, BC, Canada eh?
CanadianLurch;1202193 said:
ya whats up bro! hows the weather out in maple ridge? were getting a storm here which is awesome for ski season but sucky for supra season!

HA HA yea the weather sucks in BC, all it does is rain..... then it'll snow for like 1 day.... then it goes back to rain, so the snow becomes slush.... then it freezes overnight and the next morning is hell!!! MAN people cannot drive on ice/snow here. At least over there you guys always have snow, so you have a little bit of traction but your right, it is not Supra weather. We just recently got cold enough so that we could have snow on our ski mountains lol. HAH! took a while. Cheers

Muzy

Oct 3, 2008
Alberta
Nice looking car Lurch, welcome to the club. Was your old enigine toast? As I am in the
market. I'm about 40 min out of Lethbridge. muzy

CanadianLurch

Oct 14, 2008
Alberta
Muzy;1203166 said:
Nice looking car Lurch, welcome to the club. Was your old enigine toast? As I am in the
market. I'm about 40 min out of Lethbridge. muzy

its not toast but the guy i bought it off had a BHG and had it fixed at Petro canada certiguard! i dont know if that sets off any alarms for you, but anyways my mechanic said one of the valves was clicking but i drove it for 10000km with the noise and never any problems. Also it burnt a little oil so he thought the turbo seals might be going. anyways i have it sitting at my shop if you ever wanna come see it or whatever cause im more than willing to let it go. btw the car was completely stock before (not even a k&n filter) so im sure it would be great for a project!