Got ya hooked line and WHAT!!! Impounded

spinner

Jan 3, 2009
Melbourne/melton
hey guys wat do u think of this stupid law that cop r aloud to impound cars just because 1 p plater wanna be a hoon on the road and everybody gets it I mean I know some not all just some can be stupid well deal with them and leave us true!!!!

I mean the world is getting bad what's next ya turn ur keys and get the car impounded

I mean now they wanna impound boats for speeding LMFAO!!!!!!! Com'on

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
all i know is, ever since i got off my p's cops dont even look at me... before then, i got pulled over 10+ times and never booked.. (once defected) but never booked...

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Could somebody please run the original post through the Nash translator please.

I'm so confused, what is a 'p'. I'm guessing "personal"?

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
Dirgle;1249507 said:
Could somebody please run the original post through the Nash translator please.

I'm so confused, what is a 'p'. I'm guessing "personal"?

lol, I have no idea , But I do know of the nashman translatior .

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
In Australia, we have P-plates that must be displayed on cars if you're a provisional license holder.

P = provisional license, which is granted to you after you hold your learner's permit.

You have to display a red P on your car for 12 months, take a Hazard Pereception Test, and then you display green Ps for 18 months. After this, you take your Driver Qualification Test and obtain your full license.

It is thought that police target P-platers for "hooning" and racing.

------------------------------------------------------------

I have held my red Ps for nearly 8 years now (whenever I go to book my HPT, it's a Sat and there are no bookings, so I keep renewing my license), and I don't feel I have been "targeted" by the cops... I have been pulled over ONCE in my supe, and this is because it was a Sat night, so I was just RBTd and let go (they also tried to defect me, but they were just being stupid and finnicky, so they were all cleared).

I once lost my license when I was driving like a dickhead (45kph over the limit) -I was 17, had held my license for a couple months and was late to get to the pub... I told this to the cop, and because of my honesty, they only did me for between 15 and 30 over (thank GOD!)

I think that only stupid drivers are targeted, and only those that drive like idiots feel so strongly because THEY are the ones that have brought this attention from the cops upon themselves.

The only way to stop being targeted is to drive like a nanna and obey the very simple road rules we have.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
spinner;1223009 said:
hey guys wat do u think of this stupid law that cop r aloud to impound cars just because 1 p plater wanna be a hoon on the road and everybody gets it I mean I know some not all just some can be stupid well deal with them and leave us true!!!!

I mean the world is getting bad what's next ya turn ur keys and get the car impounded

I mean now they wanna impound boats for speeding LMFAO!!!!!!! Com'on

If your driving is anywhere near as bad as your grammar then you do not deserve the privilege to drive anyway.

pato

need more powa
Dec 24, 2007
Newcastle
IJ.;1249523 said:
Drive/act like a fuckhead lose your car for awhile....

Seems about right to me ;)

agreed
the police wont just take your car for
"turning the key"
as u put it.

for your car to be impounded you either have to be street racing, burnout or something along those lines.

do i agree with the law.
yes
will it affect me. maybe, but if u take the risk u gotta be prepared for the consequences.

(oh and this law doesnt just apply to p platers either)

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
spinner;1223009 said:

If you are going to complain about weird Australian traffic laws on an international forum, can you at least adhere to the conventions of written English?

Thanks ;)

Neal

Jun 15, 2007
Melbourne
Spinner: So your car got impounded. Or you promote Hoon driving. Get off the bloody road if you do.

From this thread its quiet evident that you don't like the LAW or atleast intentions are true to a non LAW abbiding citizen. Its there to protect every one but YOU.

spinner

Jan 3, 2009
Melbourne/melton
lol nah its just having a talk about it I was a fuckhead back when this hoon law wasn't in all you get was a fine now they take your car which I think is the right thing to cause on a rating 60% of smashers are cause by Probationary drivers but cause of my stupid driven record as soon they see my car and my number plate they go right through me car front to back to find the littles thing wrong I had 3 cars 1 was a Holden I sold that second was a ford my ex put that around a poll and last was a soarer which I still have but cops love me lol so I only take it out when I can but I don't blame them for wat or why they do wat they do the only thing you can do it don't break they law and cops will leave all people who drive alone

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
spinner;1251444 said:
60% of smashers are cause by Probationary drivers

what's a smasher? where can i get one?

As the statistics stand, the majourity of fatal accidents are by young drivers, this might be because they have less safety features or are just plain tools...

i think you need to learn the difference between a race track and a sleepy residential street.

I used to race up at Heathcote (vic) it costs $40, you can go as fast as you want until the line (where you have to stop if you don't want to hit dirt at 250km+ you can get ATLEAST 20 runs in.. and you can do big pre staging burnouts infront of people...

last time i was there i had a copper give me the thumbs up (he was spectating) for doing a 3rd gear pre stage, (auto lol)

the moral of the story is, the police don't want you to not have fun in your car, they want you to do it in the correct place, with a ambulance and fire crews on standby. because at the end of the day when you hit a pole doing 120 sideways, its them who have to notify your next of kin...