Godspeed turbo Kit

peytoncoyote

Aug 5, 2012
Lemoore, CA
I was wondering if any one has ever heard or have tried the godspeed kit on ebay? I have read the honda forms and everyone there likes them, just have it rebuilt when you get it for a piece of mind. Its a cheap kit and seems like something to look into for a starter kit, not to build major boost and power. Just kind of kicking around the idea because I don't have 1700 for a nice kit from driftmotion. Any feed back would be nice and please be a little less harsh on me because I haven't had much expericance with 7mgte's or turbos. I was raised and built american muscle and superchargers.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
The turbos are cheap quality, although some have had luck. The intercoolers don't fit very well (in my opinion) but again, they're functional if you have none or a broken one.

Were it me, I'd be OK with the IC kit, but not the turbo. Too much inconsistency in their quality.

peytoncoyote

Aug 5, 2012
Lemoore, CA
well if the cost to have it rebuilt was un expensive, I think I'll look into it, right now I don't have a turbo at all and I need to get my car up and running soon. The inter cooler I was thinking of going with drift motion and just use the turbo from godspeed until I get enough money to get a decent turbo. I can't find a CT-26 for the life of me, and the ones on driftmotion or other place is a little out of my range just for a turbo and not anything else, I don't even have an exhaust manifold right now. Most of my spare parts like that got thrown away at my last house by my old roommates.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
the price of buying an eBay kit and having the turbo blow up under your hood/or only lasting like 500 miles before you need a rebuild will end up costing more than buying a ct26 from Driftmotion
Join the page on Facebook Toyota Supra MK3 Appreciation club, post a status you need a ct26, you'll have someone comment within minutes they have one for sale.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Turbo kit requires modification of parts, and relocations also. It is not directly bolt in. you will also most likely need to cut and modify some of the pipes, and may even need to buy some other silicone IC hoses as I had to. Overall, I am happy with my Godspeed IC kit, and would buy it again.

On the other hand, I would never buy an ebay turbo, but this is coming from someone that went from a stock ct26, to a 57 trim ct26, to a precision 6766, so I have no experience with an ebay turbo. I do have a friend (username on here is NewGen) that has been using an ebay gt45 turbo for a few years now, and has had success with it. I have felt the turbo recently, and it still has no shaft play, and this is after years of abuse, and 20+ psi on it.

peytoncoyote

Aug 5, 2012
Lemoore, CA
well the IC I would end up going with DM, but you said Turbo Kit requires modification of parts? Could you elebrate more? I could be very well wrong but I thought with a turbo kit on a 7mgte motor it would just drop right in other then routing wires for stuff like the boost gauge and what not.

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Peytoncoyote--- You need to set up a goal for your car. If horsepower wise its around 400 rwhp you can just upgrade your turbo to a 58 trim, 60 trim or a 60-1. THis way you dont have to modify too many parts.

WHATS YOUR CURRENT SET UP OR GOAL FOR YOUR CAR?????

peytoncoyote

Aug 5, 2012
Lemoore, CA
well right now its a stock 7mge with 265K miles, motor is about done. I have two GTE blocks, I'm just looking to build a daily driver with a little kick. HP goal don't really have, I figured see all whats inexpencive and relaible.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Cheap and reliable? Uh... Remember the addage. Cheap, fast, reliable. Pick 2.

Seems to me that cheaper would be:

Used CT26 $150-$200 in decent condition, no shaft play.
Used 7M-GTE exhaust manifold $50-$100
Intercooler, piping, BOV $425.
7M-GTE downpipe/elbow $200

Well, you'd need to do something with the upper intake, since the GE throttle body is in a different location than the GTE one. I could trade you a 2.5" pipe with the HKS style flange and a 2.5" aluminum 45 bend for the 3000 pipe replacement, for example. :D Or you could get the universal kit, and a Spearco replica intercooler. It'd probably save you $150 or so. Probably a used downpipe would save some, too.

Add in some ancilliaries, like the oil feed/return, an oil cooler, and you're ready to go. I had it worked out for the fuel system with a stock turbo at stock boost on a GE engine at some point, but I don't remember the specifics anymore, since I ruled it out in favor of a swap.