Getting to Rear Speakers

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Im having trouble getting my rear speakers, I was going by my TSRM and can figure out how the trim on the inside surrounding the speaker box comes off. Do I have to remove the entire trunk trim just to get to it? Is there an easier way?

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks
~Thanks

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
both of those huge panels in the back have to come out but to take them out you have to fold the carpet forward take the wood out and then take the 2 large rear plastic panels out along with the smaller center panel.

if you have a targa top your targa holders will have to come off too.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
What he said. ;)

Yes, the whole trunk trim does need to come out.

However, it could be worse. For the '89+ that have the "sub-speakers" -- basically 3.5" pseudo-tweeters -- in the rests by the rear seat, not only does the trunk trim have to come out, but the rear seats also need to come out to get those trim panels behind the doors.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Dan_Gyoba;946027 said:
What he said. ;)

Yes, the whole trunk trim does need to come out.

However, it could be worse. For the '89+ that have the "sub-speakers" -- basically 3.5" pseudo-tweeters -- in the rests by the rear seat, not only does the trunk trim have to come out, but the rear seats also need to come out to get those trim panels behind the doors.

Whoa thats gotta suck heh.

another reason why Pre89's FTMFW :icon_bigg

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
anyone mind posting pics on how to remove the targa holders. I removed the ones where the hatch open the other two are on the trim itself where the shocks are. Do i have to remove those too. Im going to do this when i do my suspension since itll all be right there.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
^Yes, you have to pull up the little screw cover and unscrew the cover :) Then there are 2 bolts/screws that hold the mount in place.