german moly oil

max-89supra(t)

Dec 12, 2008
vancouver, wa
i keep on seeing new moly engine oil that is made in germany in all the auto stores, is this oil any good? sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but i always used royal purple 5 30, should i switch?????????:aigo: thanks

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
The only reason it might sound like a stupid question is how can I possibily know what you're talking about? I know a bit about oil, but I can't read minds ;)

You need to be more specific...brand, product name, available weights, where is it sold. A data sheet from the manufacturer site would be very helpful.

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
Wow just a week ago i was going to ask about the same oil but for a different reason. In country where i was Liqui Moly is very popular and widely available. apparently they've been around for some time and as the story goes they started to use molybdenum or rather liquefied it to use in oils, hence the name Liqui-Moly. I've looked at some bottles in the store and they even write if the synthetic is hydro-cracked or not. People that use it say it has excellent cleaning ability ( perhaps PAO?). Couldn't find any technical data on this oil but i called local reps and they said i can come over to get the tech details if i like, but i didn't have time to do it. I think in the US its not called Liqui-Moly but Lubro-Moly but the logo is the same shape and colour. So, besides Liqui-Moly Motul and SLX long tech there is nothing exiting when it comes to oils in some places, and on top of everything a quart of SLX is 40$.

http://www.liqui-moly.com/liquimoly/produktdb.nsf/id/e_fullysynthetic_nt000605ca.html

www.motul.com

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
This oil recently showed up in my local import shop. I'm running 10W40 in my rb26 GTR skyline.
The oil is an odd grey color because of some additive.
It deffinently made the motor feel alot different than the german Castrol 0w30 i run in the winter. It has alot less valvetrain noise, but that may simply be due to different oil weight.
I am curious how it compares to GC, RP,and other oils.

max-89supra(t)

Dec 12, 2008
vancouver, wa
21161.jpg

max-89supra(t)

Dec 12, 2008
vancouver, wa
this is what i see in the auto stores all the time, im from vancouver wa, sorry for not being specific enough and thanks for not being an a-h*** about it lol, anyway this oil isnt too expensive, not as expensive as royal purple anyway....and if its better quality why not switch right?

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
max-89supra(t);1361885 said:
this is what i see in the auto stores all the time, im from vancouver wa, sorry for not being specific enough and thanks for not being an a-h*** about it lol, anyway this oil isnt too expensive, not as expensive as royal purple anyway....and if its better quality why not switch right?

I think synthoil long time plus 0W-30 is the best oil from them, if you can find it.