Garrett GT4082 / Other Garrett recommendations for 1JZ

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
I notice that Aaron has in the past used a GT4082... was wondering if he or any others had anything to say about them with regards using one on a 1JZ...

Not sure that there's many options available, but this is the longer description:
GT4082 0.94 Ex A/R 82mm Comp

OneJZsidzilla

Aug 19, 2008
Hollywood
Yeah, i'm curious about this too. I've been trying to decide what to get, but i'm new to the 1j so i'm not sure which usually work best with it

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
well, after looking into it a bit more, i found that the GT4082 is available with a T4 "International" housing, which is a different flange to the regular T4 housing, and the manifold I had chosen was a regular T4 Divided type...

So I stepped things up a little, and went for a GT4088R, with a 0.85 rear...

I'm broke as now, but I just got a raise at work, and paydays only a week away... (And I have enough to get me through till then)

The turbo should arrive early next week, and hopefully will not be too big for me in the short term (it'll be just right in the long term, with future plans including either cams or cam timing adjustments and bigger injectors, aftermarket intake manifold etc as required)

My long term goal for this car has always been to top 500rwhp (by a decent amount, so that I can replicate it on most dyno's in WA, so in other words, 550rwhp at a minimum), and this turbo should be able to do that quite comfortably.... My only real concern is that it may be a little on the big side for the intermediate steps (which I was planning on doing first, until something forced my hand)

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
ive got one i plan to use on my 7mgte, but i bought a 0.68 a/r turbine housing for it. i think that 94 you have will be too large for the 1j. id drop to at least the 81 a/r. i wanted the best overall spool and flow for street. i aint building a dyno queen. lol. precision turbo is where i got my housing from btw.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'd stick with the stock intake manifold, but I would definately get some cams, cam gears and injectors. The intake seems to be working great for my setup. I had the 35r on my 1jz and made 543rwhp @ 24psi. I don't know how the 4088 compares, but they should be similar. Good luck.