Fuel pressure

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
I seem it somewhere, but can't find it now, but I know fuel pressure should be 36-40 with the lines connected.
But is that for stock fuel system?
I have 320 aem fuel pump and 560 cc inj. With lex mod to. Not sure where to put the pressure at

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Fuel pressure should be 23-30psi at idle with the vacuum line connected, 33-40psi when disconnected. That is for stock. It is also a good starting point for the Lex/550 mod. Adjustments to that pressure should only be made by your tuner in conjunction with a wideband. Any adjustments are only made to tune global fuel metering so the TCCS isn't stuck trying to compensate for minor calibration variances in the AFM and injectors(such as the slight difference between 550 and 560cc's).

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
With the Lexus/550 mod, I ran my FP at 38 PSI with vacuum disconnected. Setting at idle is somewhat dependant on other variables, so I didn't, I did verify that connecting vacuum to the FPR dropped fuel pressure at idle.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
40 should be safe. I went with 38 because I figured that the middle of the stock range was a good place to start, and then I figured that a little high was probably better than a little low.