Fuel injectors?

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Well. Its a sort of noobish question. Ever since my engine rebuild I've had trouble with the injectors sealing. First I used the o ring kit on drift motion (7m GTE BTW) and I got a leak on the number two injector. Replaced that o ring and I was good for awhile. Then number 5 started leaking. Now I said screw it and bought a set of fel pro o rings from rock auto. Installed them last night and jumped fp and b+, gushing fuel from the number 6 injector.

The first and second install i just pushed them into the rail. Now on the third time I dipped them in fuel and pushed and turned at the same time.. is there something I'm doing wrong or is this kind of stuff just hit and miss?

Sent from my terrible HTC Rezound using Tapatalk. Don't buy HTC...

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Where the rail bolts to the head? I believe I have them in there correctly.. I have it so the actual spacer is towards the head, and then the black part is towards the rail.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I checked it last night and all it said was twist and push.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
The thing is, it happens on different injectors every time..

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I ALWAYS dab petroleum jelly on the opening of the fuel rail, rather than the injector O-ring.
I've never once had an injector leak. Check for sharp edges around those openings, as Poodles suggests.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Okay. Well I was trying to do it with the rail on the car, so that's probably a majority of the problem. Gonna grab a bite to eat then take the rail off, dab some petroleum jelly on the rail and try again.