Fuel cut with MAFTPRO?

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
I've been trying to turn up the boost on my car. MP T-70, 550s, 255lh, AFPR, stock IC pipe system, and lots of other supporting mods. Anyways I can only get 15psi out of it before I hit fuel cut. Although I did get 20psi out of it once but it started pulling timing and it really didnt pull, then it hit fuel cut and i had knock sensor codes for a day til I swapped the front sensor for another I had laying around and the code went away.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
GrimJack;1065644 said:
Depends on how serious you want to get with the car, I guess, I don't think I'd be running anything that big on a MAFT setup. At that point I'd be putting in a full stand alone ECU.

Standalone really isnt a choice for me. There are 7ms running Lex AFMs with big injectors making close to 500rwhp here on SM. I think MAFTPRO could handle 680s.

Driftmotion Siemens 680 injectors, anyone have experience with them?

90T04

Mar 30, 2005
Tucson, AZ
www.azsupras.com
What fuel pressure are you running? Could you raise it some and then scale back main scale enrichment? I was running over 20 psi on a T04b with the maft-pro and 550's and never hit fuel cut. Although I realize a T70 is a much bigger turbo. Also make sure you have no boost leaks! Once you start making around 500HP you will need to closely monitor your duty cycle cause thats getting to the limit of the 550's.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
90T04;1065679 said:
What fuel pressure are you running? Could you raise it some and then scale back main scale enrichment? I was running over 20 psi on a T04b with the maft-pro and 550's and never hit fuel cut. Although I realize a T70 is a much bigger turbo. Also make sure you have no boost leaks! Once you start making around 500HP you will need to closely monitor your duty cycle cause thats getting to the limit of the 550's.

Right now im at 38psi of fuel pressure. Its very possible that I have a boost leak, i need to change out all my factory IC system for a Driftmotion IC and Diy IC pipe kit. Im looking to make around 500rwhp at a lower altitude, difficult to make that kind of power up here.

90T04

Mar 30, 2005
Tucson, AZ
www.azsupras.com
Wait, I take that back, I was wrong.... If you are running the MAFT-pro in speed density mode, (with a MAP sensor) , you could have the biggest boost leak in the world and it wouldnt care, it would run fine and have no fuel cut.

The MAP sensor calculates airflow based on manifold pressure, unlike the Karman Vortex MAF, which a boost leak will greatly effect fuel delivery.