FoxBody Drift Build

ochocinco5k

Jul 31, 2012
boston,ma
Got back from Afghanistan, one of the first things I did was to buy my PSG's 1992 Fox Body Mustang. It was a steal, especially for a Southern, mostly rust free, car.

Got to business started tearing it apart. Disconnected the battery, set it down on the floor, and noticed this little lady.

Nice little poisonous black widow spider. I just set her free. Set to tearing apart the interior. Got rid of the back seats, all the trim, and started the laborous task of chipping away all the sound deadening. Ipod ? Check. Hammer ? Check Screwdriver...

Noticed this once i tore out the driver seat. Plans there include a Corbeau bucket seat as well as Maximum Motorsports Subframe Connectors, which include a brace for the back of the seats, which can break like that under hard launches.

Currently installed parts include :

Nice new steeda TriAx shifter with new plastic shifter bushing.

Strange Engineering Damping adjustable shocks and struts.

I am currently waiting for these parts in the mail :

31 spline 5 lug axles
Yukon 31 spline Open Diff Carrier - thats going to be welded
Ford Racing 4.10 Ring and Pinion with install kit.
Output shaft seal
MSD TFI coil
Sr Performance CAI
Ford Racing Sparkplug wires and sparkplugs
Mishimoto Silicone Radiator hoses

Also picked up four of these suckers with tires for $100.

Last edited:

ochocinco5k

Jul 31, 2012
boston,ma
New Corbeau Seats. Hope the stock seatbelts play ball.

Took the rear out to install FRPP 4.10 Gears

Setting the bearing preload(turning torque) was easy enough after i fucked the first one by crushing it too much.After you get rid of the up and down play, thats when you start crushing the sleeve and setting your bearings. Constantly check preload after each little movement of the breaker bar.

Was installing the diff and this happened.Kids dont hammer in your side bearing shims.

Also got and installed my MM LCA's and H&R Race springs.