found out somthing interesting from the shop!

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
get this.. my car is at the shop for the BHG job most people know.. and i went in today to talk to them cause we'v gone threw 2 heads now none of them any good,, so looking for another one.. BUT the mechanic said when they took the head off the car there were NO i repeat NO studs along the bottom of the intake manifold to hold it on.... aka boost leakage there.. so my car will deffinitly drive ALOT stronger than it ever has.. so theres good news... hehe.. driving tonight to check out a head that SevenMKiii has hopfully it all works out.. im ready to get my car back on the road :cry:

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
lol.. just making sure.. the mechanic was like,, i cant believe that thing was even running.. and as well as it was running with a BHG too!! lol MKiii=beasty

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
That joke was naaawwwz very funny... ;)

While you have the head off, helicoil the exhaust studs... :) Never a better time to do them, and upgrade to easy to find SAE thread sizes.. (And you can then buy a inexpensive header stud and locking nut kit from a place like Summit, and enjoy exhuast studs that do not corrode, or work themselves loose over time.)

IIRC, the size is 7/8".

Stock is 10X1.25mm that is next to impossible to find other than at the "stealer" for a few bucks a stud.