Forcefield spin on oil filter magnet?

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
nifty idea, i just have a magnet from a speaker stuck to my filter for same effect.

you are right though, as most oil has detergents to clean while it lubes, such as carbon buildup etc

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
LOL That's rich!
So, if you do catch ferrous material, that would not be good? :nono:
I wonder how effective they are? Could be used during a motor break-in?
Van

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
Van;1655410 said:
LOL That's rich!
So, if you do catch ferrous material, that would not be good? :nono:

yes and no. a few filings are just natual engine wear , when you oil looks like metallic paint, then you know you got a serious issue.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Oh come on now, it has to be authentic. Look at all the magnetized fuel line things you can buy that polarize or magnetize (I can never get the damn snake oil labels right in my head cause they are so damned well researched and just down right honest you know) that give proven performance enhancements of at least %200.

Note: I am not mocking the OP......just to be clear.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Dumb, but I do remember seeing an oil filter specificly designed for break in with magnets in it and much finer filtration (not for high RPM use). Can't find it now though...

If you want such an effect, grab some rare earth magnets from a dead hard drive and stick them on the outside. It's far cheaper and would work the same...

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hey you know something, that add-on thingy may actually really do something for real, if for instance your using a frame filter, since they essentially do nothing that is, LOL!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Flateric;1655500 said:
Oh come on now, it has to be authentic. Look at all the magnetized fuel line things you can buy that polarize or magnetize (I can never get the damn snake oil labels right in my head cause they are so damned well researched and just down right honest you know) that give proven performance enhancements of at least %200.

Note: I am not mocking the OP......just to be clear.
LOL! Funny you should mention those, did you notice the same guy sells those as well?

This thing does have at least one valid reason for existing... It's a pretty painless method of separating $40 from your wallet.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
GrimJack;1655642 said:
LOL! Funny you should mention those, did you notice the same guy sells those as well?

This thing does have at least one valid reason for existing... It's a pretty painless method of separating $40 from your wallet.

OMG your right, and no I didn't realize that previous to making my references. Funny as all hell that my references are to him also. Maybe I'm psychic or something.

You should send me 20 bucks each people and I'll see if I'm psychic and tell you something!

Ok, deal? Oh and after I receive say $20,000 I'll step down and the next teir of people will then start collecting until they..........LOL.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I always drop a couple of button magnets in the Pan of engines and Transmissions I build, they always come out fluffy with particles on rebuilds and are good to catch stray things dropped by accident ;)

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't the plug in the diff for drain magnetic from the factory? Mine was but may not have been OEM I just don't know. But it was very jelly like fluffy too.