First start problems

Supra90gr

Feb 12, 2009
Connecticut
So i finally put my motor together and today was going to be the first start.... When it started it instantly died out. 2nd try it started idled very rough and just died. Sounded and felt like it was misfiring or the timing is off or cam is off. Also get a pop sound when the engine dies from the turbo intake side. Sounds like its running on 3 cylinders. And it sounds like theres an exhaust leak when i get it to idle mind you there is no exhaust leaks.

As soon as it starts and i try to give it gas it dies.

Came back with code 31. Replaced afm with another one and same thing. Unplugged afm and tried to start ans same results. Finally i made an adjustment to cam sensor and it kinda started a little better but again died out as soon as i gave it gas with check engine light flashing.

Pulled codes and now have code 24 and 31. Checked everything over again and everything seems fine. I gave up cause i was up since 6am and furstrated.

Any input on what i should check?.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
First make sure the cps is Installed correctly.

Second it's points to a bad afm or its wiring.

Supra90gr

Feb 12, 2009
Connecticut
hvyman;2024853 said:
First make sure the cps is Installed correctly.

Second it's points to a bad afm or its wiring.

Replaced the afm with a known working one and still had code..............

Never mind i forgot to reset the computer after installing the working one from the furstration....

Ill see what happens tomorrow. Ill pull the cps and see if it is aligned properly...