ffim on 87 7mgte

suprawiebe

Dec 23, 2013
simcoe,ontario
ok here goes,lol, new to writing on this tread, so not sure if this is the right way to go about it, but asking anyway, I have a 1987 supra 7mgte that I want to put a front facing intake, no I have seen a bunch on these done and seen that there is no afm between the filter and turbo, what is it your guys are using so I may do the same, I have seen this done with the lexus afm bigger injectors and what not, but would like to know what my other options are.. hope some one could point me in the right direction or even attach a pic or two to help.. thanksSAM_2724.jpgSAM_2724.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Moved. The build up gallery is not for questions of the type you asked.

When you have no afm it's because there is a map sensor I place of the afm. Either from maft pro or a standalone.

A ffim is a front facing Intake manifold.

suprawiebe

Dec 23, 2013
simcoe,ontario
hvyman;1994715 said:
Moved. The build up gallery is not for questions of the type you asked.

When you have no afm it's because there is a map sensor I place of the afm. Either from maft pro or a standalone.

A ffim is a front facing Intake manifold.

suprawiebe

Dec 23, 2013
simcoe,ontario
how is it that it scares you? its the reg that come in the turbo kit that I bought a few years back when I rebuilt my first 87 supra 7mgte... I do plan on getting a better one latter this year when I do my turbo upgrade..

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
The return line from the rail to the fuel pressure regulator is "tight as a string", I mean in case of an accident, the line/fittings could brake and fuel spill..
AFPR should be mounted on the engine, on the intake manifold for example

suprawiebe

Dec 23, 2013
simcoe,ontario
Rollus;1994809 said:
The return line from the rail to the fuel pressure regulator is "tight as a string", I mean in case of an accident, the line/fittings could brake and fuel spill..
AFPR should be mounted on the engine, on the intake manifold for example
erll the ones I have seen are mounted on strut bolt or firewall, but it isn't a might line its kind of an s shape and has flex in it so it doesn't wear from the engine moving, but I see where you are coming from, when I update to a front facing intake manifold I will have it mounted to the fuel rail or manifold...